Weekly Wins 6-4-2021

Early again cuz once more I’m driving across Missouri (heading home)

My win is we headed a good visit with the other half’s family and made it out of the worst of the roads around there with only one minor incident of a cat getting car sick.

What good things happened to you this week?

4 Likes

After 11 years of trying to find a coach for FTC, we applied for a team for our middle school on Wednesday. This has been the longest process I could have ever imagined to get programs into all levels of our school buildings, but I am actually excited to go through the process of applying for grants and getting facilities squared away. It is going to be so nice to have our FRC program have a reliable feed system of kids who already know a little something about FIRST and robots.

11 Likes

I dog sat for my aunt. Haven’t had a dog for at least 20 years. Was fun and a good distraction from all the stresses around.

8 Likes

Managed to get through a grueling work week. Also got the first paycheck of my internship.

9 Likes

Surgeon says my shoulder is healed enough to stop seeing him, stop going to PT, and just do exercises myself at home from here on out.

Also helped my daughter get her 3-D printer all tuned up and working great finally.
(and props to my wife for putting up with it being presently located on the dinner table). :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Cooper says it’s been a good week. He gets to visit us for about ten days.

And the solar cover for the pool arrived, the water is already almost ten degrees warmer, so I can swim comfortably now.

My NHRA membership card arrived in the mail. I renewed in April last year. I guess it took them this long to process it?

And the inspection on the house we’re selling went well, the buyers only want a few easy things fixed. That’s a relief.

19 Likes

This was my first week back at work since April 19, so that’s been pretty big for me.

5 Likes

Today was just a good week. Can’t tell ya why. It just was.

6 Likes

4130 FINALLY is picking up their new trailer after a six-month order process.

23 Likes

Looks sick, congrats! Where’d you get it from?

@Brandon_Martus could we get a pupper emoji added for reacts? I would very much like this.

11 Likes

Concur.

We finally delivered Lucy her new wheels this week. That was our other project this year, but its timeline kind of went off the rails for a bit, so it feels good to get it out the door, and also she was really moving around pretty well.

25 Likes

I made some amazing butter chicken last night:

14 Likes

May I recommend my dog’s face?

14 Likes

Do you need dog’s face ?

11 Likes

Those are some good boys and/or girls.

3 Likes

Hekn’ good

2 Likes

May have found a team to join after I moved after college :slight_smile: Still lots to figure out but I am looking forward to getting back to working with a team again soon!

5 Likes

This is just the best.

The 12-15 year old daughter got her second shot,

I am picking up a loaner used FRC rookie kit tomorrow so the new team has something to play with over the summer. Also scheduled a couple of our first in-person meetings in a couple of weeks as everyone should be vaccinated in the current group by then. Submitted a couple of proposals and a Harbor Freight donation request (they gave us a $100 gift card within one day of filling out the request! So now we have $200 in the budget. I really should blog about the process of starting a new team.)

7 Likes