Weekly Wins 7-02-2021

Moving into the second half of the year already.

What did you do that you’re happy about this week?

My win - I kept my 1% better promise and have found that keeping a checklist of todo items reliably has helped me manage my work.

6 Likes

Less than a week before I get to meet my partner in person! We’ve been dating for several months and have not yet had the chance to meet IRL, but it’s happening!

18 Likes

Got an ADHD diagnosis and got meds. I can’t begin to describe how impactful they’ve been in the few days I’ve had them so far.

22 Likes

Team decided we’re going to design/build an “outreach” bot this summer. Just a little disappointed they didn’t take my suggestion to mount a GAU-8 replica on it that fires team-branded nerf shells. :wink:
Also my daughter is at “Boy” Scout camp this week and got chosen for Order of the Arrow.

11 Likes

Finished a long term goal of mine at work.

Shop is getting up and working for chassis camp later this month.

6 Likes

Officially now a Cubs season ticket holder; a dream I’ve had since I signed up on the waiting list when I was 7!

13 Likes

The startup I work for is slowly coming out of stealth mode! Here’s a couple minutes of some unedited footage of our robotic strawberry harvester!

vimeo.com/advancedfarm/1kb

38 Likes

This is really cool. The first half minute you think this is just some indoor test bed with some plants, and then halfway through it pans away to show that it really is a full size outdoor farm. Congrats on the progress at the new gig Dave!

5 Likes

I got to write tutorials this week to help with onboarding new hires… oddly enjoyable

Also, I stumbled into this beautiful blog post

10 Likes

I ate tacos with @jtrv today. And also yesterday.

9 Likes

-A product I designed at work got sent to the navy for shock testing!
-Second full week at work done
-Leaving for Zion National Park next week

8 Likes

About half the department from work met in our CIO’s back yard this afternoon - the first time we’ve seen each other in person for over 15 months.

4 Likes

Thanks dude! If you’re ever in CA, lmk and we’ll have you out to see it in-person!

2 Likes

Watching it, I just pictured an octopus thinking out loud:
“Pick this one, no this one is more red, this one better, one more here, you forgot that one there…”. :slight_smile: This is quite an interesting mechanism.

3 Likes

Very very cool Dave!

2 Likes

I got my “Frankendrill” working. The NiCad cells in my pair of old Craftsman drills had failed a long time ago. Even the NiMH cells I replaced them with started going bad. I made an adapter so they could run off the 20 V Lithium battery for the new DeWalt impact wrench. The old battery case now houses a 20A DC/DC converter that drops the voltage to 12V. Otherwise, the drill is uncontrollable. Maybe, I can get another 18 years of use out of the drill…

7 Likes

Learned to drive a John Deere 4020 tractor.

Visited with one of my best friends.

4 Likes