Weekly Wins 9-9-2022

We all know the deal by now - anything cool? Or want to get in another discussion about administrative boundaries and distinctions?

I’ve been toying with the idea of building a sub-FTC scale swerve for software playing around with. Well, with some inspiration from one of @Peyton_Yeung 's mini bots I finally have a module I feel ok about. I can print the whole thing, wheel included, in a bit over 2 hours out of PLA which also made the iteration real fast.

12 Likes

I walked 35.000 steps a couple days ago, and in the course of doing so randomly ran into two friends in the streets. Let me tell you, when you live in a city of 16 million people, you never expect to run into one friend in the streets, let alone two friends randomly, and along the same street no less. Thursday was a pretty neat day :slight_smile:

6 Likes

RAIN. (CA is in a bit of a drought, so getting sideswiped by a tropical storm’s remnants is a welcome event.)

10 Likes

Nuff said

6 Likes

Finally got my second booster, protecting me against COVID-19 Omicron Variant BA.5, which is the name of a disease and not a JRPG.

If you want to know how the side effects are going, I wrote that at like 6 AM and didn’t feel like actually sending it until now.

7 Likes

Yeah, I’m dreading it. If the pattern holds this booster is probably going to put me down for 4 days.

Looks like we’ve settled at around 39 kids, so summer/fall recruitment has been a success! The team is hard at work on training, prep for Tidal Tumble, fundraising, and much more!

Finally got some power drops in the build room!

We got a big REV order in this week, can’t wait to MaxPlanetary all the things!

Bonus dog tax

14 Likes

Looks a lot like the rev order we got in this week

3 Likes

Finally got our MK4s in!
Started assembling them at today’s meeting

3 Likes

Football season is here! Go Pats!

2 Likes

Curse you for making me like a pro Pats post :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Funny timing, I just made another set this week and my test chassis came together in about a meeting.

7 Likes

Yup, I saw it on your Instagram and some pieces clicked in my head.

Edit: Wait, are your frames lumber?

Yeah, all my robots except the 47 2000 robot have been primarily wood.

Win #2: Made it to a family gathering, with family (and some friends) that I haven’t seen in person since B.C.* times. Much fun and discussion.

*Before Covid. I’m not THAT old, kiddos. :wink:

3 Likes

FTC kickoff! And a couple of last year’s robots are actually pretty good at this game surprisingly.

3 Likes

My second jack-o-lantern is better than my first.

Maybe for a design and 3d print your own jack-o-lantern lesson. And for the next level, wire and program a pico and LEDs to add more animated features: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy-RJw3QyyM

5 Likes

Team participated at Maker Faire O.C. yesterday. We had 9 FRC teams from SoCal doing demo matches on a full FRC field. Lots of spectators for each match. Had teams do solo demos and describe robot functions (over P.A. to crowd). I did M.C. and announcing for quite a while before some enthusiastic students took over. I have a newfound respect for you MCs out there!

7 Likes

Slated to get all my in-cars done in the next two weeks! I’m not sure about the driving test yet but I’ve been waiting forever for this

2 Likes

So you’re telling me you’re now an experienced MC and GA, based in the Orange County area. Hmm :thinking: I see VIMS in your future

2 Likes