What are the most notable matches you’ve seen at Champs?

I think this would be a good place to say what field, and qual/playoff number a match is and why you thought it was cool/important /intresting/……
For people who aren’t watching every match to still get the highlights.

4 Likes

Newton 118

27 Likes

New world record mayhaps

Galileo match 98 and 107
98 - 2056, 3005, and 2122 projected to score 159
107 - 2056’s red alliance projected to lose to 2468’s blue alliance 119-123

9 Likes

Galileo Match 33, clean 150 points put up by 2122, 176, and 1577 (and the blue is no slouch either, putting up 110)

4 Likes

Don’t remind me :sob:I’m on the other side

7 Likes

Galileo 35. 3 ontario teams, with a final score of 137-135. I can’t verify it, but someone in the chat said that was the highest losing score so far this season.

4 Likes

Yep - looks like they raised the bar by a few points. Second for highest combined clean score too.

So Painful… happened to us twice during Ontario Champs.

1 Like

Galileo 107, the only match of 2056’s where Statbotics doesn’t heavily favour them. Arguably the only match in their way of taking their streak through their division.

1 Like

Yikes that match will be a slaughter

I’m not gonna spoil anything, but something interesting happened in endgame in galileo 36

10 Likes

Hahahah muscle memory.

That’s gonna haunt them forever!

At least they didn’t hit Dean in the face with a soccer ball. (Wonder if any HP have hit a field volunteer with a high note)

Daly Division- Qualification Match 120 :cold_face:

2 Likes

Not by a human player, but I was hit with two notes in one match as a volunteer. I gotta find the video somewhere…

lmao I really had no idea what happened until I walked around to see what I had done :sob:

4 Likes

Curie 99 has huge ranking implications. Current #1 2200 is going up against current #2 2539, and per Statbotics it’s the hardest match left on either team’s schedule. They’re currently separated by just one RP, and Statbotics’ prediction favors 2200 55% to 45%; effectively anyone’s match.

3847 is likely also watching that match with interest, as they’re still very much in the mix for #1 (their surrogate match makes them hard to follow, but they’ve dropped as many potential RPs as 2539). Their remaining schedule is favorable as well.

7 Likes

2200 took it by 3. 2539’s alliance stayed out to cycle to try and ensure the win and lost both the match and ensemble RP. This keeps 2200 in control of their own destiny from here on out.

4 Likes

Newton 118, 183 to 63

2 Likes

Archimedes 119 actually saw the robot placement rule be invoked (not sure by which alliance but i suspect red). Makes sense given it was effectively a match to decide the #1 seed in the division

1 Like