What are your Ideas??

Posted by Brad Breedlove.

Student on team #45, Technokats, from Kokomo High School and Delphi Automotive Systems.

Posted on 12/5/2000 5:11 AM MST

With only one month untill kickoff… What does everyone picture the game to be this year? What kind of obstacles do you see coming?

Posted by Jim Meyer.

Engineer on team #67, HOT Team, from Huron Valley Schools and GM Milford Proving Ground.

Posted on 12/5/2000 7:34 AM MST

In Reply to: What are your Ideas?? posted by Brad Breedlove on 12/5/2000 5:11 AM MST:

Steps as obstacles. Large wooden cubes as scoring items.

Posted by Ken Leung.

Student on team #192, Gunn Robotics Team, from Henry M. Gunn Senior High School.

Posted on 12/5/2000 9:26 AM MST

In Reply to: What are your Ideas?? posted by Brad Breedlove on 12/5/2000 5:11 AM MST:

: With only one month untill kickoff… What does everyone picture the game to be this year? What kind of obstacles do you see coming?

I will have to say a movable puck with a goal or some sort on it, while football shape objects for scoring…

Posted by Veronica.

Student on team #27, Team Rush, from Osmtech and Textron.

Posted on 12/5/2000 3:05 PM MST

i’m seeing balls again but different sizes just my take
bye all
v

: With only one month untill kickoff… What does everyone picture the game to be this year? What kind of obstacles do you see coming?

Posted by Lora Knepper.   [PICTURE: SAME | NEW | HELP]

Other on team #419, Rambots, from UMass Boston / Boston College High School and Seeking Sponsorship.

Posted on 12/5/2000 4:30 PM MST

I’m liking Jim’s idea of steps…seems to combine the puck and the ramp into one with the climbing aspect…and with the ‘roundness’ of the balls last year being relative…Ken’s idea of footballs or football shaped objects don’t seem out of the question. Maybe different sized objects, or multi-tiered goals? Maximum points for the robot alliance that can get to the top of the stairs and score a ball worth more than the others? I will bet anything though that there will be alliances again. That has to be one of the best ideas FIRST has had IMHO. =)

Lora

Posted by nick237.

Engineer on team #237, sie h2o bots, from Watertown high school ct and sieman co.

Posted on 12/5/2000 8:08 PM MST

OK. Here’s the poop. we seem to have forgotten the hint from FIRST a few months ago ’ Think perfect storm ‘’ ?.
So, the Puck will have one wheel in the middle and 6 ’ longer than the depth of the puck.
In the center of the puck is a 30’ high pole fixed sticking straight up.
On the floor are inflatable life saving rings, 24’ diameter ’ red and blue ’ and four black ones hanging on hooks 8’ off the floor.
Red and blue rings=1 point, Black =10 points.
Points are scored by rings on the puck surface and doubled if over the pole in the center of the puck.
points double again if BOT is on the puck, etc like 1999 game.
Think how difficult it would be to get on the puck when one bots already on, the high side of the puck would be 18’ off the ground. Fun Huh. :wink:
Nick237

Posted by Erin.   [PICTURE: SAME | NEW | HELP]

Other on team #65, Huskie Brigade, from Pontiac Northern High School and GM Powertrain.

Posted on 12/6/2000 5:45 AM MST

In Reply to: Re: What are your Ideas, bet im right ?? posted by nick237 on 12/5/2000 8:08 PM MST:

This would make an awesome game- I see robots that could lift the puck in the past (Chief Delphi, Lebanon Robotics) would have the upper hand in ‘getting the other team off the puck’ strategy!

god ideas nick, i hope that you aren’t right on the money though, that would be creepy!

-Erin

Posted by Ken Leung.

Student on team #192, Gunn Robotics Team, from Henry M. Gunn Senior High School.

Posted on 12/6/2000 8:53 AM MST

In Reply to: Re: What are your Ideas, bet im right ?? posted by nick237 on 12/5/2000 8:08 PM MST:

Wow! this totally sounds like a legitimate competition!
Unless I hear any better ideas, I will bet heavily that this is what they are going to do in one of the comming up competition.

But some questions:

Do you see the corner of the puck still being a ‘step’ or a little ‘ramp’?

If there are black life saving rings, how do the people know which alliance scored with them?

If the puck only have one wheel, then it’s going to be tilted, which way should the lower side face when the game start?

Posted by nick237.

Engineer on team #237, sie h2o bots, from Watertown high school ct and sieman co.

Posted on 12/6/2000 1:35 PM MST

In Reply to: Re: What are your Ideas, bet im right ?? posted by Ken Leung on 12/6/2000 8:53 AM MST:

Ken. The puck is round and is 6’ thick, at the start of the game the puck is given a spin and lies where it stops. The start buzzer sounds as soon as the puck is spun.
The black rings have a red dot on one side and a blue on the other, the colored dot face up scores the points, so a blue team could turn over a red sided ring for more points.
Oh. did I mention the kill saws in the floor…lol
nick237

: Wow! this totally sounds like a legitimate competition!
: Unless I hear any better ideas, I will bet heavily that this is what they are going to do in one of the comming up competition.

: But some questions:

: Do you see the corner of the puck still being a ‘step’ or a little ‘ramp’?

: If there are black life saving rings, how do the people know which alliance scored with them?

: If the puck only have one wheel, then it’s going to be tilted, which way should the lower side face when the game start?