What championship is better

What is better Houston or Detriot? What is more difficult?

1 Like

Surely this thread will be productive and fun.

43 Likes

Most people agree the vast district model makes Detroit have deeper fields and with the region that Houston covers gives them access to stronger powerhouses who usually dominate. It then depends on the game to determine if the deeper fields or stronger top end are more powerful.

15 Likes

I argue Houston is the best. The best teams are west coast teams.

7 Likes

A championship would be a competition where all of the best teams gather to find out who is the best in the world is that year. What we have now split between Houston and Detroit does not qualify as that.

#BringBackTHEChampionship

36 Likes

thats very true.

Houston for powerhouse teams.
Detroit for better for overall games and more meaningful competition.

5 Likes

The best championship is the one you actually go to yourself. Don’t worry about anything other than getting there each year and having a good time!

33 Likes

The fact that this is a good and legitimate question is kinda sad. #1champsORnoChamps

4 Likes

very true

St Louis is the better championship. :rofl:

29 Likes

Agreed :rofl:

Better BBQ: Houston
Better Pizza: Detroit

28 Likes

BBQ takes it for the Win!

Whichever one you are attending is best!

VEX Worlds.

6 Likes

The mentor-built one, obviously.

12 Likes

Houston = super top heavy, but not super deep.
Detroit = super strong depth, not super top heavy, however that’s not saying there aren’t good teams there.

It really depends on what you’re looking for in your Championship.

edit: just a for statistics sake:

Houston: 4/6 divisions had their #1 seed win (1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 3)
Detroit: 0/6 divisions had their #1 seed win (2, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)

13 Likes

Remind me again what Pizza stands for?

3 Likes

I suppose I’m casting into the abyss, but here’s my take:

• Higher density of district system teams (and fewer waitlist spots) means that Detroit has better depth and is more competitive top-to-bottom. I’d rather watch Detroit quals and playoffs.
  • However, because of regional prominence, Houston has more big names in attendance. Thus, the upper levels of playoffs are more likely to feature teams I’ve heard of before, making them more engaging and easier to follow. I’d rather watch Houston Einstein.