What combinations of stragetiesdo you like!

Different strategies to combine:
1) Destory wall on ramp
2) Attack opponents stack
3) Block Ramp
4) Go under side bar
5) Stack boxes
6) Guard stack/s
7) Lift robots
8) Push Boxes
9) Throw boxes

I like 2,4,5,6,8,9 in one bot!!!

I may be missing some please inform me.
-Thanks

3, 4, 7, and 9 are pretty much useless in my eyes

1, 2, 6 and 8 can be done with a good drive train

the only real question (for me) is do you have the space and weight to stack boxes, and how your going to to it…

the problem with ramp blockers is that if you hit them on the edge of their blocker then the blocker might break off or the robot will turn, on the HDPE surface the traction is bad, and keeping the blocking arms up, stable and strong will take a lot of weight…

throwing boxes and lifting robots seems, well, useless… if anyone disagrees, please tell me, i’d like to know why that’d be used at all

*Originally posted by illumanat’i *
**the problem with ramp blockers is that if you hit them on the edge of their blocker then the blocker might break off or the robot will turn, on the HDPE surface the traction is bad, and keeping the blocking arms up, stable and strong will take a lot of weight…

I think this is where the trick comes in…
I’m curious how many teams will be able to manage it.
I know of at least several teams attempting this strategy (from being an observant Chief Delphi reader) and I hope to see some unique solutions to this problem.

PS - I don’t think brute force is the answer… as EVERYONE will have a crazy drivetrain and will be eager to spend 1:45 hitting you…

As for strategies…
I wonder which robot will have them all?
I can guaruntee someone will. :eek:

Combinations usually don’t workwell for our team, because we encounter inter-functional problems, the bot becomes overweight, and we don’t have the time to design it.

This year, we’re having a hardcore blocker. Nothing else. Can’t touch this, my nizzles:D

I think there are basically two kinds of robots that win:

the ones that score a lot points and get well ranked
the ones that don’t let the opponent score and are picked later

some can be both at the same time, but that’s more difficult

we are making a bulldozer/lifter

You aren’t allowed to lift robots, BTW.