what is your favorite televised robotics competition

Just courious, but what is your favorite televised robotics competition. i like battle bots because they are good machines

i don’t get cable, so i rarely get a chance to watch any of them. But i really prefer junkyard wars to battlebots because the contestants actually appear to be thinking and learning. Plus, the teamwork doesn’t hurt either. I have nothing against competition, but i could never in good conscience do something to hurt a robot that someone else worked on.

Junkyard Wars all the way! We can see them actucally build it, and than try to use it!! Reminds me of FIRST. I watch that when i am having widthdrawls about FIRST…

There’s a new one!!! TLC is having a new one but it’s to do with building cars, you get two days in this one and then race them?
I forgot what it’s called but it premiers in a few days I think.

You forgot one!!!

When NASA broadcasts FIRST on thier NASA channel I am addicted to that!

what does everyone have against battlebots? theres a ton of creativity that goes into each bot. you have to look through the awful presentation by comdey central.

*Originally posted by Replic *
**what does everyone have against battlebots? theres a ton of creativity that goes into each bot. you have to look through the awful presentation by comdey central. **

I’ve seen BB bashing on this site before, but no one has said anything negative in this thread. There is nothing wrong with BattleBots. I commend the amount of effort that goes into each bot, and have no problem if someone wants to participate. I just could not personally participate because i would not want to damage a bot that someone else has put effort into. (anyone touch my bot i shall cuff you with my pneumatic goal hooks. Grr.)

first of all…

(anyone touch my bot i shall cuff you with my pneumatic goal hooks. Grr.)

lmao!
nah, i wasnt pointing at you in specific. i was saying in general, there is a lot of battlebot bashing. i was wondering aloud y.
didnt mean for it to sound that way.

only 13 people have an opinion? why do i find this hard to believe.:cool:

/me watches FIRST via the internet
and old tapes
and the NASA channel. Early in the morning (1-2am est) I’ve seen the KSC finals about 3 times.

Wetzel

Will oneday be on Junkyard Wars

junkyard wars is by far the best.

robotica sux

i think its hard to limit it to just a single answer…because i dont think there is much of a gap between battlebots and junkyard wars…

I voted for battlebots although now that i think about it i like junkyard wars more because it takes a lot more thought…and its a lot more fun to watch…there are equal in entertainment…t just comes down to the british accent…lol…j/k…its the amount of money and time that makes junkyard wars win…

Battlebots on my opinion is the best. All the others I’ve seen, I think they’re too deadly and brutal.