What is your FRC map?

My daughter will be be graduating this year.
I wanted to look at her 4 years in FRC and determine from which states, provinces, and countries her team has had a match with or against during that time (including offseason and exhibition matches).
I am going to define this as her FRC map.

I counted 33 states, 4 Canadian Provinces, and 9 more countries beyond US/Canada.*

I am curious what other people’s FRC map looks like.

*for those that care:
AL, AR, CA, CO, CT, DE, FL, HI, IL, IN, IA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MO, NV, NH, NJ, NY, NC, ND, OH, OK, PA, TN, TX, VT, VA, WA, WV, WI
Alberta, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec
Australia, Czech Republic, Indonesia, Israel, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, Sweden, Taipei,
Her team had a chance to add two more states and one more country but didn’t have them on their schedule (RI, GA, and China).

This might be a relatively boring activity for many teams in a district model…

However, we could look at the events we competed in 2016, the year before Ontario went to Districts, as well as the matches we played on the Daly field in 2018 in Detroit.

From 2013-2017, when I was on Team 74, we played with 517 unique teams (at least one match, on and off season) including those from:

6 Countries: United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Israel, United Kingdom

3 Canadian Provinces: Ontario, Quebec, Alberta

37 US States: Michigan, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin

As expected, being from Michigan, the majority of teams we worked with (277 out of 517) were from Michigan, though I was surprised it was JUST over half.

My team has only competed with teams from Michigan while I’ve been on the team, so that’s fun. It’s interesting being from Michigan, since we don’t even get teams from out of the district coming around.

Crap… I dunno how I’d even go about computing this for the last 16 years but you have me curious… TBA has a data dump on Big Query…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.