That’s a seat motor! It’s a holdover from a time when most of the motors in FRC came from the autmotive industry. It’s pretty low-power, but back in its day it was used for small, simple applications.
Yep, a Bosch Seat Motor straight from the automotive industry as @ClayTownR said. Though I’d like to add some info from my experience with them:
- They have a Weird Bore pattern/size, but adapters exist and fabricating your own isn’t too hard if need be
- They are a decent worm gear drive that doesn’t backdrive easily (often you’ve damaged it by then)
- They have an integrated single channel encoder. (that’s what the two thinner wires are for)
- You need to boost the output voltage with something like this product from AndyMark
- Being single channel It only gives you rotation, not direction. Depending on use-case you can try to manage that in software, but it is more tricky than a quadrature encoder
Well, not this one specifically. It you look at the AM part# and datasheet date it’s fairly recent. More inline with dumping industrial garbage on teams in the KoP, similar to the Denso throttle motor.
+1 to this - I had it mixed up with window and snowblower motors.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.