What small changes would make FRC 1% worse?

That means that alliance captains also have absolute immunity for all their official actions! Playoffs will be so much more exciting without fouls, and this is what the GDC really intended when they were writing the game manual.

8 Likes

Bring back the 2010 seeding point rules.

• All teams on the winning ALLIANCE will receive a number of seeding points equal to the penalized score (the score with any assessed penalties) of the winning ALLIANCE plus 5 additional points for winning the match.
  • All teams on the losing ALLIANCE will receive a number of seeding points equal to un-penalized score (the score without any assessed penalties) of the winning ALLIANCE

Even better if you don’t include the 5 bonus points for winning the match, as was the case with the 2010 kickoff rules…

1 Like

Everyone on the field against everyone else!

1 Like

1 team stopping it’s program.

Also 1 bad mentor.

2 Likes

Honestly to me this makes things worse and worse as you win. Higher rows 99% of the time means a better view of the field and that you can stand without blocking anyone. So scouters can provide better data but as you win their data gets worse lol

4 Likes

Increasing the volume of the earblasters speakers, nope I meant earblasters by 1%.

3 Likes

Train an AI model to deepfake Dean Kamen so that there can be long, rambling speeches during every event’s playoffs intermissions

14 Likes

Require teams to use metric for all documentation

1 Like

RAHHHH WHAT IS A KILOMETER! :eagle::eagle::eagle::fireworks::fireworks::bangbang::bangbang::bangbang:

20 Likes

I want to :100: react, but that’s metric…

8 Likes

I glanced at the title of this thread as I was closing the tab on the homepage and I had to re-open it just to check to see if I was seeing things or not.

10/10, never change CD.

3 Likes

Make the robot inspection scale like 2 inches wider and add one more person to make sure no one steps on the scale?

7 Likes

That would make FRC 10% better at least

3 Likes

“We fasten these assemblies together with 6.35-1.27 x 38.1mm bolts.”

5 Likes

I think the improvement would be to adopt M6 as a new standard. This has already happened in a majority of applications. Big exceptions are aerospace and American DIY.

Freedom Units remain very popular.

4 Likes

I was at an offseason that was having technical issues like that during the playoffs. Never been as nervous as the match that would decide if we were going to the finals.

give dean 1% more alcohol before he gives his speeches

making literally everyone at a competition do an evacuation drill

maybe even a time limit for alliance selection

12 Likes

I think you are in the wrong thread, you surely meant to reply in the 1% better thread?

/j

3 Likes

My gods, I think I would have an aneurysm. It’s like herding cats.

(Though sometimes, you want higher seats, not closer, kinda depends on the game.)