What subteam are you on? | Poll

I would like to see which sub teams are the most populated vote below.

• Mechanical / Design
  • Fabrication / Assembly
  • Electrical
  • Programming
  • Business
  • Stats / Strategy
  • Other

0 voters

If you selected other please comment what subteam you are on.

We had to make a map.

24 Likes

You should add: Drive Team; Project Team; Fundraising/Partnership Team; Community Outreach Team

1 Like

I’m also on the Drive Team, responsible for pilot training.
My philosophy is that the following three sub-teams have together as one:

1. Strategy
  2. Drive Team
  3. Scouting/Stats

This is where everything has to start…
And this is where everything ends, one hopes every year at World Champs!

We implemented this completely for the first time this year and it propelled us, I would like to believe, all the way to the Tesla Division Semi-Finals at the Detroit Champs for the first time in team history…

2 Likes

As noted in the other thread, I work primarily on Mechanical/Design and Fabrication/Assembly, but I’m always ready to help out with Electrical, Programming, and Strategy. Or anything else, for that matter.

1 Like

I do CAD, 3D Printing, Laser Cutting, Fixing-The-Laser-Cutter-When-Mechanics-Breaks-It, and Minecraft. Otherwise, I think I do some scouting…

2 Likes

Would be nice if you included communications/social media and graphic arts as well :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I think that’s considered business on this poll.

3 Likes

What’s a sub team?

3 Likes

A sub team is what group of your team you are a part of. For example on my team I work on the mechanical portions of the robot so I am on the mechanical team.

1 Like

A sub team is what group of your team you don’t want to be on the team team so you put them on the sub team. For example on my team the kids who break things are on the sub team but the kids who build robots are on the team team so I am on the sub team.

Happy summer, Chief.

6 Likes

As team Engineering Project Manager, I’m not really on a subteam…
But I was on Mechanical (and some design)

Business People where you at :two_hearts:

At this point, the average responder is on 2.47 subteams. Sounds suspiciously like the average number of children in a family when I was growing up.

3 Likes

I am disappointed that there are no selections for eating or messing around sub teams. I mean who does robotics to actually build robots?

3 Likes

In the words of one of our graduating programming leads, #programmingTeamDominantTeam. I’ve also been known to rivet and ziptie things on occasion.

2 Likes

I believe Fundraising/Partnership and Community Outreach would be considered part of Business for this poll. Many teams group all their “non-robot” work into one subteam.

3 Likes

Would be much appreciated if you added Media to the above options

1 Like

I would really like to but it will not let me edit the poll after a couple of hours of its creation.

1 Like