What trick can your robot do

Now that we are almost 2 weeks into the 2003 season most teams have a very good idea on what there designs look like and probably have started some building.
How many teams out there have robots can do interesting tricks or have unique features.

For starts the 229 robot will float on water, just incase the playing surface is changed at the last second we will be prepared.

*Originally posted by nickma *
**
For starts the 229 robot will float on water, just incase the playing surface is changed at the last second we will be prepared. **

I was drawing up plans for a break dancing robot that has pneumatic pushy things on all 6 sides of the bot, and it’s 14x60x36, so it can do all the crazy stuph we want it to…but then they said skrew that…I jus’ wanted to see this creation just going nuts in their goal area so they won’t be able to do anything…:frowning:

I was making a design for a robot that could do a 360 over the bar while holding a bin. Hey Tony Hawk Watch out.

Some team connected the drill motors, with transmission in high gear, to 10" Skyway wheels. According to my numbers, that should make their robot go 29.7 mph. That’s a neat trick, can’t wait to see a robot go 30 over the hill and crush a few boxes on the other side.

*Originally posted by Gobiner *
**Some team connected the drill motors, with transmission in high gear, to 10" Skyway wheels. According to my numbers, that should make their robot go 29.7 mph. That’s a neat trick, can’t wait to see a robot go 30 over the hill and crush a few boxes on the other side. **

This wont work… You wont be able to move, because the motor wont have enough torque to overcome the friction of the wheels and move your robot in high gear. You must reduce the speed by using gears/sprockets/whatever. You can still go fast, but not 30 mph. Plus, you’d probably trip breakers going that fast anyways

Our robot has a 40-foot-long articulated arm that can grab a box from a stack on one side of the field and put it on a stack on the other side.

:smiley:

*Originally posted by nickma *
**
For starts the 229 robot will float on water, just incase the playing surface is changed at the last second we will be prepared. **

Shhh! Dont give away any of our secrets Nick! We need something up our sleeve for UTC!

Oooooh oooh ooh, initial plans were a “Beam me up, Scotty” device that would immediately teleport all the bins to our scoring zone, and then keep moving the opponents bots away… Other than that, we had our nuke-bot, rocket-bot, heli-bot, flame-torch-bot, etc.etc.

*Originally posted by tatsak42 *
**Oooooh oooh ooh, initial plans were a “Beam me up, Scotty” device that would immediately teleport all the bins to our scoring zone, and then keep moving the opponents bots away… Other than that, we had our nuke-bot, rocket-bot, heli-bot, flame-torch-bot, etc.etc. **

The funny thing is… when we say our robot floats… we’re NOT joking. Even I can’t believe this one, but it’s true.

We’re hoping to use our autonomous phase to release a cloud of green smoke. We also have a remote camera, which hopefully FIRST will approve.

We’re also using the yaw rate sensor this year to stabilize our tail rotor in our helicopter-bot.
Andrew, Team 356

*Originally posted by JVN *
**The funny thing is… when we say our robot floats… we’re NOT joking. Even I can’t believe this one, but it’s true. **

My question is, how did you find that out?!? Leak in the lab? or something more mischievous… (i.e. prank from a school club/ rival school’s robot team)

Or was it intentional?

“Hey guys, I’ve got a great idea, lets throw the robot in the pool! Swim team will never know what hit 'em… hehehe… guys? why are you looking at me like that? guys? guys?!?”

ours can walk… hehehe

bad

One trick that Andrew didn’t mention - our robot will be able to let the babies out of all the bins.

-Joel

*Originally posted by rolocroz *
**Our robot has a 40-foot-long articulated arm that can grab a box from a stack on one side of the field and put it on a stack on the other side.

:smiley: **

:ahh: That is sick. I think they had some idea like that in the beiginning animation. Kool, Kool

Heh…You could touch the grinch with that size pole! Or grab a few spectators to hold down your bin stack :stuck_out_tongue:

HAHA

OUR robot is putting on a 2 minute play!!!(with a human angel on top of it)

BALLET_BOT

http://www.tahsroboticsteam.org/nutcracker.htm

Bad Brad

BEAT THIS MOVE

*Originally posted by badjokeguy *
**ours can walk… hehehe

bad **

No It can’t…wink

*Originally posted by Joel Glidden *
**One trick that Andrew didn’t mention - our robot will be able to let the babies out of all the bins.

-Joel **

BWAH!

giggles

Wow, that was really funny.

I award you 5 points for wonderfully creative use of a baby joke. :smiley:

*Originally posted by SkitzoSmurf *
**:ahh: That is sick. I think they had some idea like that in the beiginning animation. Kool, Kool **

It was a joke about the beginning animation. Ha ha ha?

I got it. :slight_smile:
and the baby joke.