What was your favorite match?

What was your favorite match?

Mine had to have been the last match in the semifinals on Einstein between Wildstang 111/Bomb Squad 16 and SPAM 180/The Monsters 308. That one was just…wheww…

Which was yours?

Wetzel

Hey, where did my fingernails go?

Curie Championship matches kingman going head to head with demolition squad was quite a show.

The one with wildstang and us was great but the little ramp we have helped us with that but my favorite was when the bunny (fluffy the flesh eating bunny, SPAM) crippled the beast (beatty, 71) beating it in the 2nd match in the finals.

i gotta disagree, dan…

my favorite match was the last one of the day… even though we lost it, just knowing we were that close to winning it all is awesome [another 15 seconds!! that’s all i want!]

Well, i’d like to think it was a match in the finals, but i seem’d to have fallen asleep through the WHOLE FINALS!! I was under the walkway between the pits and the Einstein arena… it was so nice, but i was angry I missed it… sigh

*Originally posted by George180 *
**i gotta disagree, dan…

my favorite match was the last one of the day… even though we lost it, just knowing we were that close to winning it all is awesome [another 15 seconds!! that’s all i want!] **

The only reason we lost it is because fluffys ear broke so they could easily take it away from us, Although the hands on the glass match was pretty funny

The 2nd last match of the day when the Red Alliance came back and won 76-20 in the last 20 seconds or so was thrilling.

*Originally posted by WakeZero *
So basically… we have 360 degrees of movement, and we can ‘crab’ from side to side (or diagonal to diagonal) like a goalie strafing to protect the ‘goal’, mua ha ha.

I liked the matches of 71 vs 60, those were exciting. 173 is about 10 times stronger than us, but I think we proved that speed and agility can be very effective. I still can’t believe that it came down to one ball in the second match. If it wasn’t for us shutting off… we still can’t figure out what it was sigh :mad:

What-ifs and buts don’t make national champions though, so a big congrats out to team 173, 71, and 66!

Of course, I am a little biased on this one… hehe. Out of all the other matches, I liked the last one the best. Talk about exciting! I think I also said something earlier to the effect that ball handlers could play a crucial role in finals. Guess I was right, go 173!

Oh btw, the quote that I made earlier was on the main board when I was describing our drive system :smiley:

I think the best match was the 2nd match of the finals when SPAM took out the beast, which was an amazing play which deserves recognition.

Andrew

i liked the match in the newton division where we beat RAGE. we got 150 points that match.

my least favorite match was the first match of quarter finals 4 in the newton division. it was over in less than 30 seconds. us and 166 got the three goals and held them in our goal zone, and just sat there, no one could move us. it was the most boring match i have ever seen.

sorry, i didn’t see many matches that we weren’t in, because i am a driver and worked on the robot inbetween matches, i’m sure there were better matches, but i didn’t get to see them.

I liked the very last match of the day. I was sitting at the computer thinking OMG 71 is broke. There is NO WAY that alliance can win now, 71 was there team. Boy was I wrong. I loved seeing the other 2 teams on the alliance show that they were there for a reason and were not just riding in on 71’s coat tails. Huge congradulations go out from me to team 173 and 66. You guys showed the true spirt of FIRST in every step of the way. Also major credit goes to 71 also. I truely belive that you had the best robot out there and that is why you are national champions. So basically that is why I think the last match of the day was the best.

I think that in the finals we saw some of the most powerful FIRST robots ever. I saw 173 grab a goal with another robot attaced and then start picking up balls like the robot wasnt even holding on to the goal and fighting, we all know the beatty machine was a machine of brute force, and 66 was really powerful as well. SPAM had enurmous amounts of power, and when they picked the goal up WHEW they were like a tank. Also 308 picked up goals and had power and the red jammers 311. I think these robots were the most powerful FIRST robots EVER, you agree?

Andrew

Mine was the Curie Finals with M-n-M, Demolition Squad and 353 against 60 (Kingman), 144 and 64. As they so vividly demonstrated to us 60 is almost unstoppable once they got ahold of 2 goals. Also the semi-finals against the Cheesy-poofs was great too. There were also many other great matches, SPAM was great, Beatty Hammond of course and so many others. I can say that absolutely there were very few ‘rookie’ teams at the nats. this year, We got more dings, dents and gouges at the nats than we did at both of our regionals combined ! We were definitely humbled by the level of competition. Great job everyone !!

Don Taylor
M-n-M Team 343

In Archimedes match #81 on the Newton Field Combbat 21 and team 28, faced 329 and a team i’m sorry i can’t remember (from new york). Now this wasn’t a high scoring match or one where amazing feats of strength were achieved. It was your average 30 something to 30 something match. In this case it was 31-31 tie. so the tie breakers started, each team had one ball in a goal, one goal in scoring position, two robots in scoring position and the tie breaker went on. they even counted total balls on the floor on both sides. when that proved to be equal they brought out a quater dollar coin. Red was assigned tails and Blue heads. The field was still as it was when the matched ended. The coin was tossed it hit the carpet and rolled. It made a quarter turn and leaned up next to 329’s tether. the quarter wasn’t close to being flat on the ground but the refs ruled it was closer to heads then tails. In the end we were on the losing side of what had to be one of the closest matches in FIRST history.

I missed the match that started this thread, but a match between Wildstang, Bomb Squad, SPAM and The Monsters would have to have been a great match ! I would loved to have seen that one.

Don Taylor
M-n-M Team 343

Tough one to call… Newton semifinals when 67 got hooked up in 71. The way they just slowly and steadily dragged everything was just amazing. The last two matches were also intense. Even though we lost the second round of the finals after 71 got turned about, we almost managed to pull it off (and then SPAM took us for a ride that made my stomache drop through the stage floor). The last match was… awesome (enough said).

The best match was definatley the (i think its the first match) of 71 vs 60 where 71 dragged everyone across the field from the opposing teams side to our own endzone. I’m not sure if everyone knew this part though. Only 1 of 71’s ‘feet’ were toughing the carpet. They pulled everyone using 1 tread. That shows you how powerful they really were.

On a nonrelated subject - ball bots can beat goal bots, as demonstrated in the last match of the finals.
Thanks 66, and 71 without you guys nothing would have been done.

*Originally posted by Don Taylor *
**Also the semi-finals against the Cheesy-poofs was great too. There were also many other great matches, SPAM was great, Beatty Hammond of course and so many others. I can say that absolutely there were very few ‘rookie’ teams at the nats. this year, We got more dings, dents and gouges at the nats than we did at both of our regionals combined ! We were definitely humbled by the level of competition. Great job everyone !!

Don Taylor
M-n-M Team 343 **

I think the best match of curie was when 151 & 254 vs. 353 and the demolition squad. I loved how we and the cheesy poofs got all 3 goals in the blue endzone, while blocking Demolition squad and heatwave in under 20 seconds. This was soooooo great!!! even though the Metal in motion beat us in the final match of the semi’s I think this opened up alot of eyes.

Badjokeguy

mine would be the match when team 384 (maybe i might be wrong) fell over and the awesome little black robot (also known as the evil microwave) pushed it through 3 zones back into its own zone. oh yeah, that was my robot, we also won play of the day from team 60 for it. :slight_smile:

*Originally posted by badjokeguy *

I think the best match of curie was when 151 & 254 vs. 353 and the demolition squad. I loved how we and the cheesy poofs got all 3 goals in the blue endzone, while blocking Demolition squad and heatwave in under 20 seconds. This was soooooo great!!! even though the Metal in motion beat us in the final match of the semi’s I think this opened up alot of eyes.

Badjokeguy **

Oops i think you got the wrong team there guy 1 heatwave wasn’t with demolition squad, and 2 we weren’t even in the curie division my friend.