whats it going to take to win?

whats it going to take to win nationals?

i think it will be a strong allience that consists of atleast two strong goal grabbers and one fast and accurate ball collector/deliver.:cool:

On giant stroke of luck as far as I’m concerned…but I guess I’ll have to go with my goal bot, ball bot alliance.

I see an alliance of 3 big beefy goal grabbers winning.

At the regioanls I was at, thats what wins in the elimination rounds:

An alliance that can simply drive forward ang grab all the goals (meaning one of the bots would have to grab 2 goals), and then being able to hold them. If they can do that successfuly then they would win.

Who knows how any of those bots would do on the qualifying rounds tho…

One big meaty PEPPERONI STICK, a KK DOUGHNUT, and a DAIRY QUEEN STRAWBERRY MILKSHAKE.

Yup, I tell you, THAT’s the key!

*Originally posted by AdamT *
**One big meaty PEPPERONI STICK, a KK DOUGHNUT, and a DAIRY QUEEN STRAWBERRY MILKSHAKE.

Yup, I tell you, THAT’s the key! **

That combo is always a winner in my book :smiley:

I think good driving will really be it

Our robot was pretty meaty, it had 4 wheel drive with 4 motors for the drive train (2 calupahs and 2 drills)

But just before the finals we lost one gearbox completely (cutting our power down to something like 65% if not more, our claw, which was flaky all competition just stopped working all together. But the saving factor was out driver. He managed to use our robot to control the field even against pretty crazy pushers. We even managed to beat one team who had a robot that grabbed two of the goals, we levered him out of the scoring zone and jolted back to home zone to get the win (footage here Courtesy of team 610, the great team that was kind enough to pick us as an alliance partner)

Well enough boasting, more point making

Good driving can beat even the beefiest of robots. I could see a team with moderate robots win just on pure driving skill.

On giant stroke of luck

could say it better myself joel