What's Up

So, some might be wondering what’s happening in the freelanceFIRST world now? Well, here are some up dates.

-I am working hard at school now for standardized testing, once it’s over I will work more on this.

-freelanceFIRST will start off as a team request help line via the internet, then it will feature dynamic and changing resources that teams could use without needing to request help.

-Web space is being looked at by me now, but no final decision is down yet.

Any comments from M are welcome too. I’ll be in touch with everyone soon.

Joseph

When I said things would progress slowly, especially at first, I wasn’t kidding.

If you’re still interested in helping with setting up this effort and haven’t yet signed up for the Yahoo! Group (freelancefirstgroup), please do so. While there hasn’t been much e-mail traffic, that gives me a pretty easy solution for sharing files at the moment.

On that Yahoo! Groups site, you’ll find a flowchart in the Files section; it details the function of the site and the workflow. Particularly, I’d like for people with web-based programming skill to look at it. I’m not really familiar with the capabilities of things like ASP or PHP, so I’m not sure if what I’ve outlined is possible.

Getting feedback on what is or isn’t possible for the site is going to be the first step in getting things running.

Thanks. :slight_smile:

*Originally posted by M. Krass *
**When I said things would progress slowly, especially at first, I wasn’t kidding.

If you’re still interested in helping with setting up this effort and haven’t yet signed up for the Yahoo! Group (freelancefirstgroup), please do so. While there hasn’t been much e-mail traffic, that gives me a pretty easy solution for sharing files at the moment.

On that Yahoo! Groups site, you’ll find a flowchart in the Files section; it details the function of the site and the workflow. Particularly, I’d like for people with web-based programming skill to look at it. I’m not really familiar with the capabilities of things like ASP or PHP, so I’m not sure if what I’ve outlined is possible.

Getting feedback on what is or isn’t possible for the site is going to be the first step in getting things running.

Thanks. :slight_smile: **

Just so you know, looking over the flowchart, I don’t see why the site as you outline it couldn’t be done…I’ve started a bit of preliminary design work(database structures, etc) on my home server(sorry, no outside access yet), as a proof-of-concept project. When there’s a little bit more to see, I’ll put it to a public server…