Wheels

I’m not quite clear on what the rules mean by “off-the-shelf”. currently, I’m designing the drive train, and I wish to obtain two more of the big black wheels in the kit, but there are only two, and I cant seem to find any in “The Big Book” from MSC (not from a lack of trying!) and I was wondering if anyone knew the product name of those wheels, or if it would be permitted to buy from elswhere, or if “off-the-shelf” means “only MSC of custom fabricated”?

I believe those are available from Skyway. Check this link for more info.

http://www.skywaytuffwheels.com/2002/usfirst.htm

-Joel

Yeah Skyway is the only place to get wheels if i’m not wrong (which is indeed possible), but I’m pretty sure they are. I would suggest customizing some Skyway wheels with your own tread or something of that nature…

*jeremy

*Originally posted by Jeremy_Mc *
**Yeah Skyway is the only place to get wheels if i’m not wrong (which is indeed possible), but I’m pretty sure they are. I would suggest customizing some Skyway wheels with your own tread or something of that nature…

*jeremy **

My understanding of the rules are that off the shelf wheels can not have additional traction devices ‘added’ to them but only material removed. To put on a custom material you have to make your own wheels.

I’ve read the rules on restricted parts, and modifications, and it does not say anything restricting adding extra traction as long as the traction does not damage the playing field or protrude throught the grate. I also checked the team updates to the rules an also there was no change regarding this.

[rule=m17]you can’t add material to off the shelf wheels. only remove it[/rule]