Where is the 2025 worlds going to be?

We now have an idea of what we are doing for next years competitions…where is it going to be? I know that there are a lot of complaints about Texas and how unfriendly it is (please don’t turn this into a political or ideological or whatever post…there are plenty areas to do that here on CD). Some teams need to figure it out for budgeting purposes for next year…or you may have less of teams showing up than this year.

1 Like

Houston for 2025 and 2026 has nof been announced yet

3 Likes

Save the Dates for the 2025 FIRST Championship events: April 16-19, 2025, Houston.

14 Likes

I’m pretty sure they’re still under contract with Houston until next year so it’d really be 2026 and we’ll just have to see.

2 Likes

Thanks Joe! I knew it was coming to an end soon…just wanted to make sure.

1 Like

Usually they announce the dates for Houston well in advance like almost 2 years ahead so it’s very possible they could be switching it up for 2026

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Other Locations for Championships

Lets keep discussion of alternate locations for champs here: Other Locations for Championships

1 Like

The only reason I would like this separate as this is specific…not a “dream” list where people want it to be. Nothing against it…I just wanted it specific for this coming year.

Who thought to have Champs right during Passover and the weekend of Easter?

10 Likes

When holidays shift around the calendar relative to specific days/weeks, that’s what happens.

Is is unfortunate. But from a convention scheduling point of view, it’s a lot easier to lock in “third weekend of April and the week leading up to it” for X years than to lock in 1st weekend and week one year, 3rd another year, 2nd… you get the idea. It can be done but disrupts venue schedules something awful.

8 Likes

I get that, but with two larger religious holidays landing during it, this may discourage some teams from attending, or some students.

2 Likes

Yep. Affects Israel for sure, and some Christian denominations (but not all).

It’s an unfortunate reality.

1 Like

It does affect us Israeli teams and some American Jewish teams, but I don’t think we are a big enough share to matter. In 2019 a similar thing happened and we were transferred from Houston to Detroit, not anymore unfortunately…

3 Likes

It’s a miracle that the 2 years I was able to attend champs were the only 2 during my years in FIRST where it didn’t conflict with passover. Champs might be a lot different next year since many teams that come from more religious areas in Israel won’t be able to attend.

4 Likes

It happened this year too, with Passover only two days after Championship ends, one team didn’t attend (and maybe individual students from other teams as well).

2 Likes

The main question that should be asked is where is 2026 worlds gonna take place? It would have been nice to know 2 years in advance so teams can prepare if it’s not in Houston.

If it stays in Houston, great, all teams that have attended Houston worlds will know what to expect and the local area.
If Worlds is in a different area for 2026, teams will not know anything about the area (except for local teams) and will need time to prepare everything, especially since teams don’t know if they qualify for worlds until 1.5 weeks before the event

5 Likes

And for team planning, one full season would generally be considered sufficient. I would expect a 2026 announcement sometime during the 2025 season, as late as Champs, and teams will have plenty of time to start planning.

5 Likes