Where to Buy 40-Amp Fuse Panels?

Hello, I will make this quick and to the point.

I searched CD for “buy fuse panels” and “40-amp fuse panels” and nothing relevant turned up.

Could anyone direct me to a place that sells these 40-amp fuse panels?

Thanks in advance!

–Yang

ummm…

at the first yardsale, i saw a crate of those fuse blocks for the 40amp. maybe that means that first is dooing away with them?

I wouldnt suggest purchasing any…due to the fact if first unincludes them in the kit, thats a waste of money.

*Originally posted by Greg Perkins *
**I wouldnt suggest purchasing any…due to the fact if first unincludes them in the kit, thats a waste of money. **

He never said that he wanted them for a FIRST-related project. :wink:

Hmm, I see.

What do you suggest I do?

My team is currenty in a mock-6-week build period, where we must find parts and stuff. I need a 40-amp breaker box in order to run the two CIM’s that we have. the 30-ampers have been popping under load.

Any suggestions?

Gear down your motors more.

I would have done that if my design would have permitted it.

I have used a fuse holder by Stinger Electronic

http://www.stingerelectronics.com/images_stinger/products/fuse%20holders/sfb1max.jpg

Model: SFB1MAX
(about half way down the page)

I like them because they hold the MAXI fuse size, they snap together to make a bank of fuses, they have nice screw terminals for connecting wire, AND they are easy on the eyes.

On the down side they are not cheap (about $20 each) and they are not the lightest fuse holders.

But… …on balance, I like them a lot.

Hope this helps.

Joe J.

I have one fuse block, i dont need it, so i dont see why it would be an issue to give it to you…but those things are heavy, so it would be quite a bit for shipping (depending on how soon you need it)

pm me for more info

Make sure that going to a 40 amp circuit breaker makes sense. If you are only tripping the breakers at the highest loads, then a bigger breaker will help. But, if you’re poorly geared, putting a bigger breaker in won’t help at all.

*Originally posted by Joe Johnson *
**I have used a fuse holder by Stinger Electronic

Sort of off topic, but I use one of these to protect the sound system in my car – and it really does look mad pimp. :smiley: