White Paper Discuss: FIRST Editor (v1.1)

Thread created automatically to discuss a document in the White Papers.

FIRST Editor (v1.1) by Raven_Writer

Please tell me if you find anything wrong this program. I’ve tried hard to fix the problems that came up during the past stages of developement.

Great job! No problems i can see.

*Originally posted by Rickertsen2 *
**Great job! No problems i can see. **

Thank you! :slight_smile:

I’d like to say that I haven’t tested it out yet. I’m planning on doing that tomorrow at our meeting.

If I had a laptop, I’d test it out on the EduRobot RC/OI…but I’m to screwed for that (heh).

i didn’t try the code downloading part, but i can if u want. I have a BS2p40. If it works on that it will work on the RC.

*Originally posted by Rickertsen2 *
**i didn’t try the code downloading part, but i can if u want. I have a BS2p40. If it works on that it will work on the RC. **

Please do.

I’m not totally sure. It’s all based upon what the editor Parallax gives us can do. I know it can download to all the stamps Parallax has available, so if a BS2p40 is a stamp that they give out, it SHOULD work.

Could you please still try though, so that I can know how/what it does?

If you do, please tell me what all happens.

(If it works, there should be no errors that pop-up).

<<EDIT>>: The downloading code is from RoboGUI, so that should make it more of a choice. << /EDIT>>

Ummm… the code from RoboGUI will only talk to a 2sx–mainly out of laziness on my part.

Anyways, I assume you already know that using the /FORCE option is definately a bad thing as it merely covers up problems instead of fixing them. Also, it seems that debug exes won’t run, which is probably a sign of bad things happening internally that you may not even know about. It also makes debugging next to impossible.

Other than that, nice work. Any thoughts on future features?

*Originally posted by rbayer *
**Ummm… the code from RoboGUI will only talk to a 2sx–mainly out of laziness on my part.

Anyways, I assume you already know that using the /FORCE option is definately a bad thing as it merely covers up problems instead of fixing them. Also, it seems that debug exes won’t run, which is probably a sign of bad things happening internally that you may not even know about. It also makes debugging next to impossible.

Other than that, nice work. Any thoughts on future features? **

Ah…well then, that really doesn’t harm team 5 (I hope it doesn’t harm others either though). We’ve always used BS2SX anyways (AFAIK).

I’m only using the /FORCE option because I have no idea on how to fix the “[function] was already defined in *.obj file]”. I’ve searched MSDN before using /FORCE, but found nothing.

The debug exe’s I knew wouldn’t run, so I switched to release mode. It deals with something on the docsingle.cpp file or something (it’s a MFC-specific file from what I’ve found so far).

>> It also makes debugging next to impossible.
If you are referring to the MSVC++ debugger, I know :cry:

Thanks. Please give me anything (else) you have.

BTW: Incase anyone cares, here’s a lil’ convo. that happened between me and an engineer:
E: What is the purpose of this?
R: It’s just for people who don’t want to use the Parallax Inc. one.

Well, that didn’t happen like that, but that was the main points of it [E = Engineer, R = Me (Raven)].