White Paper Discuss: Karthik's 2005 Championship Scouting Database

Great Job first off (no pun intended) and the format is amazingliny simple to use!

0 Likes

cool

0 Likes

Last time I checked the issue with the great lakes data was that red/blue scores were flipped.

It seems to be right, when I check now, though…

Oh and that’s incredibly useful. Thanks so much…

0 Likes

Karthik, you are my hero! Consider this post a “digital hug” from me to you.

0 Likes

wow, nice job Karthik.

I feel kind of bad that you’re only missing info from a couple of regionals and two of them are pittsburgh and southern california, must be the crazy Canadians screwing up the scoring systems down south. Anyways, I’ll see what I can dig up from 188’s scouting (some things unfortunately get tossed when you do everything with paper and pencil :rolleyes: ).

-Got pittsburgh stats done, it was like a puzzle since we had bits and pieces and they just needed to be put together and have the blanks filled in, don’t worry everything worked out mathematically (i think). Now for the tougher job of socal…

0 Likes

Wow Karthik, this is amazing. Excellent work.

0 Likes

The latest version, with all the divisions…

http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/papers.php?action=single&paperid=487

0 Likes

Thanks for getting this out so quickly! FIRST doesn’t go alphabetically for the division names, though, so Galileo and Newton are switched. That is, they went A, C, N, G where yours go A, C, G, N.

0 Likes

It’s correct in Karthik’s “Raw Data”, so the queries return the correct division.
It’s only the titles on the “Division” worksheet that are switched.

0 Likes

Thanks to both Peter and Mark for noticing that.

I made the “Division” sheet up as a quick reference. Note to self: Don’t do things quickly…

As Mark said, the “Raw Data” sheet is correct, so all data which is fetched through the “Interface” sheet will be correct.

0 Likes

awsome stuff!! this is a good GUIDELINE for scouting, … scouting teams should still do scouting reports but at least they can already have some idea on each of them… . some teams must also be judged on other things besides scores etc. but still awsome resource and thank you very much

the fianls at GLR… well i can help verify that… … i dont see a problem at least for the matches team1596 played in… they are all correct… maybe they fixed it ?

shrue blame the canadians eh ? … pff… :stuck_out_tongue:

-kevin
scouting team of team1596

0 Likes

Never one to leave well enough alone, and with apologies to Karthik, I added worksheet tabs for each division, with the basic team statistics for each regional, to his beautiful database and posted it as a whitepaper.

[edit]: updated link to corrected whitepaper file.

0 Likes

Peter,

Great work. That saves me some work. :slight_smile: With your permission, I’ll be using this version for any further updates.

0 Likes

Hey, it’s a collaboration!

You’re welcome to it, but I just found a couple of formatting errors (on my part) where team records of 2-10-0 are displayed as 21-0-0. Now, I’m sure the affected teams won’t mind the inflation, but do you know if there is a way to replace the whitepaper’s linked file?

[Edit]: I just posted a corrected file to the whitepapers and will correct the link above when the new whitepaper gets its stamp of approval.

0 Likes