Who else is leaving their FIRST team for college?

Posted by Keith Liadis.

Student on team #131, C.H.A.O.S., from Manchester Central High School and Osram Sylvania / Fleet Bank.

Posted on 4/19/2000 2:06 PM MST

I know… it’s depressing, but its something that must be realized. We’ve heard from those who have already been through the transition… but how about those of us who are about to go through with it? Who is going to join a team at college… or not join a team… or better yet… who’s going to try starting a team at college? There’s a lot of changes that are going to take place… and I know I’m going to miss what’s behind me… a whole lot…
I’m going to WPI next year… so I should be all set because they have a solid team. I’m hoping being on the other end of the student/engineer spectrum will be just as rewarding, but who knows?
So let’s hear it… what’s up with everyone else?
-Keith 131

Posted by David Kelso.   [PICTURE: SAME | NEW | HELP]

Coach on team #131, C.H.A.O.S.-, from Central High School and OSRAM SYLVANIA/ Fleet Bank.

Posted on 4/19/2000 4:59 PM MST

In Reply to: Who else is leaving their FIRST team for college? posted by Keith Liadis on 4/19/2000 2:06 PM MST:

As my seniors debate ‘Life without CHAOS’. I assure them that all other team leaders are wondering what ‘Life will be without their seniors’. Students have a chance to grow in the FIRST program unlike anywhere else. All teams should be looking for these future college freshmen and be ready to let them step in and help out.
Every team is run differently, but we all have many things in common…the desire to see scraps of metal lift a ball into the air (or out of the goal) is just one of those. The life long friendships that I have seen develop on my team and among members of many opposing teams is what really matters. People ready to put their heart into a problem and then solve it seem to be rare…until you visit a FIRST team and then find you are not alone in this world.
Consider adopting a college freshman today…the quality could not be better. With Respect djk

]
: I know… it’s depressing, but its something that must be realized. We’ve heard from those who have already been through the transition… but how about those of us who are about to go through with it? Who is going to join a team at college… or not join a team… or better yet… who’s going to try starting a team at college? There’s a lot of changes that are going to take place… and I know I’m going to miss what’s behind me… a whole lot…
: I’m going to WPI next year… so I should be all set because they have a solid team. I’m hoping being on the other end of the student/engineer spectrum will be just as rewarding, but who knows?
: So let’s hear it… what’s up with everyone else?
: -Keith 131