Who is gona win national????

Posted by Kristine at 03/04/2001 6:58 PM EST

Student on team #175, Buzz, from Enrico Fermi High School and UTC,Hamilton Sundstrand Space Systems Internationa.

Who do you think is gona win (1), Nationals )(2), charmans award,and (3)the award that u elect an engineer or teacher. i forgot wat is it called.

Posted by mike oleary at 03/04/2001 7:07 PM EST

Student on team #419, rambots, from bc high and sponsors are overrated…go pocket-change robots!!!.

In Reply to: Who is gona win national???
Posted by Kristine on 03/04/2001 6:58 PM EST:

id have to say that the rambots are gonna win the nationals…assuming we find some way of braking the 500pt mark (miracles, while extremely rare, DO happen) as for the other 2 awards, we forgot to finish our chairmans award video, but id have to say that one of our many engineersll be getting that other award…oh wait i take that back…that would only happen if he had engineers…
mike
Proud to be a Ninny with Powertools

maybe they should make a Ninny Award

: Who do you think is gona win (1), Nationals )(2), charmans award,and (3)the award that u elect an engineer or teacher. i forgot wat is it called.

Posted by Jestin at 03/04/2001 9:18 PM EST

Student on team #131, C.H.A.O.S, from Manchester High School Central and Osram Slyvania/Fleet.

out of the teams i saw the the new england regionals i would have to say team 126 NYPRO has an very good chance. team 131 CHAOS also has a very good chance with their balancing and large ball control expertise. team 38 really impressed me and will be a threat.

Posted by Jessica Boucher at 03/05/2001 9:39 AM EST

Student on team #237, Sie-H2O-Bots, from Watertown High School and Eastern Awning Systems & The Siemon Company.

That award is called the Woodie Flowers Award that you forgot the name of.

Again, I dont think it is right to extrapolate so far into the future with only 2 regionals completed. There are many teams out there that havent played yet that could be as much, if not more of a threat as the people who ranked high at UTC and KSC. Also, don’t forget the teams that have returned from UTC & KSC that are redesigning/fine-tuning their machines. One little tweak could change everything.

In short, we shall see.

-Jessica B, #237