Who is the best necromancer?

2 weeks, 6 days, 22 hours, 20 minutes

Only 14 minutes longer… The plot thickens…

3 weeks 1 hour 46 minutes :3

Bad News: I have forgotten everything about my account last year.

Good News: 3 weeks, 19 hours, and 25 minutes

3 weeks 21 hours 0 minutes

Huzzah!

3 weeks, **1 **day, **3 **hours and 20 minutes :wink:

3 weeks, 1 day, 7 hours and 25 minutes

3 weeks, 2 days, 21 hours and 26 minutes

The times are now long enough that I actually forget this thread exists until someone posts and it pops up for me on the portal.

3 weeks, 4 days, 15 hours and 39 minutes

3 weeks, 5 days, 20 minutes.

1 hour, 5 minutes. I claim worst necromancer.

To be fair, this post was only 14 minutes.

I see how it is…

Hello

1 month, 1 week, 4 days, 8 hours, and 12 minutes.
Note that the post above this one did not break the previous record of 3 weeks 5 days 20 hours and so did not count according to the OP’s rules.

Per the rules, Taylor would still be the current “best necromancer”.

Also, by way of my post, it resets the clock!!!

Nope. The clock doesn’t reset if you don’t beat the record. Which also means that I am in fact the current best necromancer. :cool:

Past Caleb didn’t seem to do a great job laying out the rules clearly. Although he probably did decent since it took over a year for someone to get confused.

The intention was that every post would “reset the clock” since you only are necro-ing a thread if it has been sitting idle. Thus, the time that should be used is the time since the previous post, no matter who posted it. The exception I carved out was to stop the best necromancer from spamming posts in order to indefinitely defend their title.

When I made the thread, I really hadn’t considered that there might be trolls that spam or that people would want to set personal best necro records. I think those are generally cool developments. If the trolls really start to take over I reserve the right to change the rules, but everything seems to be going fine for now.

One update I’m going to make is to change the title of “best necromancer”. You can still call it that if you want, I just don’t think it rolls off the tongue very well. Here are the new titles I made up:
<= 1 day: Novice Necromancer
> 1 day: Apprentice Necromancer
> 1 week: Master Necromancer
> 4 weeks: Grandmaster Necromancer
> 4 months: Archmage Necromancer
> 1 year: Legendary Necromancer
> 5 years: Immortal Necromancer

The “best necromancer” is now the rank 1 necromancer in whichever tier they fall into. I’m undecided if Personal Best necroposts should count for the titles, I’ll say yes for now, but reserve the right to change my mind.

So to summarize…Taylor is still the current “best necromancer” as I thought. :slight_smile: