Who's going to / wants to be an Inventor?

I’ve already made up my career choice. I want to be an inventor, and start my own company and manufacture and sell them. I’ve already designed some products, much like… …
…DEAN KAMEN!
(in fact, I wanted to do this since the fifth grade, way before I heard of Dean Kamen, but he certainly helped as being my role model)
So who else is going to/ try to emulate dean’s career choice. As far as money and advancing science and engineering go, I think hi-tech inventions are the way to go. Tell me what you think.

Inventing rocks. I think we’ve all learned that through FIRST.

And I’m sure I’ll wind up inventing something through no intention of my own. That’s how I’ll make my millions. Just watch.

(it always seems that the good things happen to me when I don’t expect them.)

of course im gonna get RICH inventing something!!
i just need to get some ideas…(psssst…help?) :smiley:

I All Ready have Invented something, no joke! This Past Year for one of my classes i had to invent, design, develop and Demonstrate a solution to an everyday problem. For the whole year i worked on a solution to Keeping a car’s passenger cabin from overheating while the car was not in use. Also just because you invent something and can patent the idea and market a product, does not mean you will make any money off it. Actually after all costs and fees from this past year i think i spent more on my project then i got back. Though i would suggest everyone to invent one thing or another in their lifetime, its fun!

Also just because you invent something and can patent the idea and market a product, does not mean you will make any money off it. Actually after all costs and fees from this past year i think i spent more on my project then i got back. Though i would suggest everyone to invent one thing or another in their lifetime, its fun!

I actually came up with an idea that should solve the computer elections problem. It should create one the most accurate form of counting votes ever. Now it’s just a matter of getting a patent though I wonder if I will obtain it since it’s one of those duh moments.

I’m going into Computers (probably some type of programming involved.) So I would “invent” new and more efficient ways of doing something each day.

Cool, what do you want to invent? If I wanted to be an inventor, I would start in the medical field and study instruments used for surgery. Last year, I wrote a paper about robotics used in surgery (specifically bypass surgery for the heart), and I think it could be interesting to work more with that.

I don’t know if you would really call it inventing…I want to more or less ‘develop’ new products for the automotive/ street rodding industry. Pretty much anything that makes your car look cooler. I’m already in Collision Repair ( i got the “Most Outstanding Sophomore” award :D), and I’m currently studying for my SkillsUSA district test the 15th. After i graduate i want to go to WyoTech and take the Collision and Refinishing course, with the Street Rod Fab being part of it…that and applied service management so i can open my own shop.

I suggest you get your hands on a copy of the book Code Named Ginger by Steve Kemper. It is the official book of the Segway, and has a lot of info on inventing, and all the processes and headaches you have to go through to get something ready to market. I just finished reading it, and it was awesome.

And, it stars everybody’s favorite 20th/21st century inventor and FIRST founder, Dean Kamen. :yikes: