WiFi Router Bridge

So I had an idea and I was wondering whether it would be possible to implement. My school, like most, has a number of WiFi routers all bridged together into one large network, which spans practically the entire school. Since the school’s walls are mainly stone, the one router on the robot sometimes has trouble going around corners or reaching far distances, especially when connecting to our old programming laptops. I was wondering whether we would be able to format the robot’s router as a bridge and bridge it with the school’s network like any of the routers that are actually part of the system. Then, we would be able to sign onto the school’s network and control the robot from anywhere in the school. I’m sure someone on here knows enough about WiFi routers and the robot control system to let me know if this idea is something that could possibly work or if there is a big problem with it. Thanks.

We tried something similar to that a couple of years ago without success. The robot didn’t like the network protocols. It had to do with administrator privileges. We ended up removing everything from the school network and creating our own, stand alone wireless hub.

maybe use this on the robot, https://www.ubnt.com/unifi/unifi-ap-ac-pro/

The AP acts in bridge mode at competitions to connect to the field management system anyways, you’d just need to determine that protocol and adjust your school network to comply with it.