Wildstang 111 2008

Can anyone from 111 help me out? I need someone that know’s your last year robot very well

Please re-title this thread so as to not confuse other members. It sounds a bit misleading if you can’t tell. :wink:

I know a lot of ppl jumped in their seats when they saw “Wildstang 111 2009” lol

It is one in the morning at the end of the first day of build, who wouldn’t be surprised if 111 was already done with their robot.

What can I do for you?

Hello Raul,
My team and I have been toying with many ideas and one of them, was *somewhat *similar to your robot from last year.
It involves sort of an elevator, and like your robot last year, I want it to raise and lower on structures on the corners.

I don’t know if I am correct in tlaking about your robot but from what I remember, it was sort of like my idea.

Do you happen to have a CAD drawing of your 08 bot or some information on how you elevated and lowered the manipulator?

We used three pneumatic cylinders to move the lift between three different positions. The cylinders were only fed in one direction to save air, gravity pulled the lift back down. The back part is attached to the base. There are two stages attached to it. The stage towards the front has the manipulator attached. We didn’t use COTS slides, the stages were attached using rollers. I am sure Raul can give a better explanation, but heres some pictures. They don’t show the best view, but I suppose there better than nothing. The full resolution photos can be found here.

1.jpg
3.jpg
5.jpg

1.jpg
3.jpg
5.jpg

here are a couple videos of “driving” on FRP - oh boy!