Will Taylor Swift perform at World Champs?

We noticed that Taylor Swift is going to be performing in Houston the same week as champs. Maybe Taylor will pull up to Champs like the Black Eyed Peas did a couple years ago? What is the likelihood of this??? She has a gap in her houston dates the same day as einsteins too…

31 Likes

Idk if I would call this confirmation… This is a gap in a schedule and while it seems possible, you and OP are both from the same team so one person noticing something and a team mate saying “I think this is confirmation she is” seems a bit silly… Do you have any other evidence that would help us understand how you can confirm this with authority?

If she is, hopefully it stays under wraps lest the convention center get overrun with people willing to stop at nothing for a free concert from one of the biggest musicians in the world right now.

17 Likes

She is also performing at NRG on Saturday, April 22: https://www.taylorswift.com/events/ so unfortunately not :slightly_frowning_face:.

7 Likes

The CD thread after she performed would be pretty funny though, how they raised registeration costs to afford a concert.

22 Likes

What happened with the Black Eyed Peas?

2 Likes

Actually I was expecting people to say she should speak out about the laws in Texas… But I mean clearly that doesn’t seem to be an issue if she’s booked multiple days anyways. Celebrities at the events or in the Kickoff like Will.I.Am was usually get a lot of coaching and have to be very on the same page with FIRST from what I’ve seen.

Idk if FIRST is ever gonna do celebrities again unless it’s a Corporate tie-in thing. The last major celebrities were cuz of StarWars, before that they had Professor Elemental cuz steampunk, Grant Imahara was around for a bit but that absolutely made sense cuz of his professional resume and experience, black eyed peas… Idk who else I’m missing that would qualify among that list. Just who I can think of off the top of my head.

I think Dean’s mission of let’s make STEM as popular as pro sports is wonderful but that means more tie-ins from popular people who can talk it up correctly. Having them come out just to play a gig isn’t really what FIRST probably is looking for in a spokesperson.

Anyone who appeared in this special from 2012, I think the first guy was on the news a few times:

3 Likes

I’ll ask her the next time I see her…

7 Likes

Mandy Moore performed at the championship in 2002, Black Eyes Peas in 2012. No celebrity in 2022, but since 2 championships were cancelled, I expect the next one in 2024.

3 Likes

I hope not, it would mean my wife and I are wasting money seeing her on Friday :smiling_face_with_tear:

16 Likes

Oh well, why not see her twice or give the tickets to some extremely deserving kids or sell to equally deserving mentors :laughing:

1 Like

I wonder what went wrong in 2016?

5 Likes

Couldn’t get the cast of Monty Python and the Holy Grail probably /sarcasm

They referred to it a ton in the broadcast though. They catapulted the Recycle rush bin over a castle wall like the cow scene in the movie

Get Hideo Kojima as special guest MC. The game could be a walking simulator where the end game has your robot hide in a cardboard box. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

FIRST posted this to their instagram story…

https://www.instagram.com/p/CqXzc53MjOQ/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

1 Like

What exactly does this indicate?

4 Likes

That they like Taylor Swift music in the background. I also don’t know that

Because the link you shared is of a post from usacamp that tagged FIRST in the post with Taylor Swift as the background music. I don’t know how that’s FIRST posting it, it seems like they just got tagged. Unless the link is just not to the part where FIRST did something

Anyone else notice this:

A Taylor Swift GIF…

FIRST used to sell group tickets to Cardinal games when champs was in St. Louis. Maybe they wrangled some tickets for one of the Taylor Swift concerts. Instead of getting spot at champs next year, Impact finalists get concert tickets.

5 Likes

I’d rather take the spot at champs.

21 Likes