Will Taylor Swift perform at World Champs?

T Swift > Robotics :stuck_out_tongue:

12 Likes

I expect weekday Cardinal tickets were a lot easier to get than a Taylor Swift ticket. With out a doubt a lot cheaper.

2 Likes

Shake it off y’all.

23 Likes

Will-I-Am was at champs last year (2022), he announced teams (Hopper was only one I noticed). I don’t know this counts or not

4 Likes

He is a big supporter of First. He actually put on a concert one year at St Louis. His band mates were there, but they could not call themselves the Black Eye Peas for presumably contract reasons.

7 Likes

That was 2011 and Team 359 will never forget being on stage during the middle of their concert, to celebrate our Championship Chairman’s Award. I believe we are the only team to win on a Friday, the day before Champs ended.

13 Likes

Not only is he a big supporter, but I believe his mom is/was a chairman’s judge at worlds (not 100% on that one though).

2 Likes

He did a lot of interesting announcing in 2016 as well

23 Likes

His Mom was a Champs Dean’s List judge.
She sent a nice personal message about our Champ’s Dean List winner in 2013.
She selected him.

6 Likes

Wasn’t he an active team mentor at some point?

4 Likes

He was, and was a CD user.

2 Likes

From the Grant Imahara Foundation:
https://www.grantimaharafoundation.org/about-grant
(In the second set of text)

4 Likes

I’m just saying… I got sent this photo from a buddy of mine setting up today

17 Likes

That stage seems rather small! She would get absolutely mobbed, so I’m going to say no, that’s for a small band type entertainment at the Thursday evening block party.

If she shows up, it would seem most likely to occur at the beginning of the event finale–it’s scheduled to start at 2:15 PM, and her show isn’t until 6:30 PM.

3 Likes

I was embarrassed to admit how long I spent searching for this, but given that your reply was only six minutes ago, I feel okay about myself now.

Let’s go Velocity Virtual!

3 Likes

She 100% will. Did you all see the blog post??!!!

16 Likes

More like getting 100% trolled by Collin.

36 Likes

I am vaguely concerned about the venue getting mobbed due to the possibility of an appearance (regardless of actual appearance).

4 Likes

I don’t think too many Swifties, other than Collin, read Chief Delphi.

23 Likes

I can see the headlines now. “Robotics Championship Postponed Due To ‘January Swift’ Incident”

3 Likes