Will we see a wall robot?

84" is a huge max config, a team can basically block a whole rack, and make it a total pain to score…

If I was 3x as wide as you, I don’t care how fast you were… I could block you all day.

I’d name him wall-E :smiley:

Why haven’t we seen a wall robot yet?

Look up 3553, their robot “Dragonfly” is as close to a wall as anyone is going to make.

ooooo, I missed that one, pretty sick.

I was thinking they should put up a net to block feeder tosses.

!!!
That would be awesome. Seeing as there is no max height throw up a 20 ft wall

then again you’d want to be careful not to block yourself I’ve wanted to see a robot tosser that takes tubes and throws it to the other end. If they landed on a peg they would count :slight_smile:

Does anyone know where a video of 3553? If you can that would be nice:)

Check Out here:http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92145

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtUw_cJ0gCs is what I have been able to find.

Thanks for the video. I can’t watch it now because I’m at robotics and the school blocked youtube, yeah I know ridiculous. Thanks anyway:P

great strategy for a younger team!
I wonder if they can pull the wings back up, it would be nice to play defense for most the match and then go deploy the minibot. also i’m curious to see if they play defense on a minibot tower too.

According to other/pictures/videos/descriptions the wings are attached to pneumatic cylinders so they can be deployed and lifted.

If they get mini-bot deployment up and running, they might be the first rookies to see Einstein since 1902.
my .02$

Actually, 3138 and 3357 made it to Einstein in 2010 and 2753 made it to Einstein in 2009. All of those teams were rookies when they won their divisions.

It’s doubtful we’ll see a wallbot.

[quote=Game Manual <R02>] ROBOT parts shall not be made from hazardous materials, be unsafe, or cause an unsafe condition. Items specifically prohibited from use on the ROBOT include (but are not limited to):
A. Shields, curtains, or any other devices or materials designed or used to obstruct or limit the vision of any DRIVERS and/or COACHES and/or interfere with their ability to safely control their ROBOT[/quote]

If you call 3553’s robot a wall, then a wall wouldn’t necessarily violate this rule. If you watch the youtube video above then you can see that their “wall” is not high enough to obstruct anyone’s vision.

I’d be inclined to call it more of a speedbump.

Seriously, it is a very cool design; I hope they are well utilized in eliminations.

This is also regarding the view, if you used a net, I think it would still be legal, so long as it didn’t obstruct the view.

Funny, I just consider us a nuisance :slight_smile:

Akash,

I’d never pick you. <3

There is a wall bot so to say out here in kansas city. they are a rookie team sadly we have only played about 15 practice matches here so i never saw them play a match.