Windows Background

Hey everyone,
I got bored last week and decided to play a little bit with photoshop. I decided to try to make a background for my desktop…this is my first attempt. I don’t know, I kinda like it - its on my desktop now, let me know what you think. Also, if you’re on 365, go ahead and set it as your desktop too :slight_smile: even if you’re not I suppose :wink: (its 1280 x 960) I was thinking of making one for FIRST, not just team 365, any suggestions on what should be in it? color scheme?
Thanks

Check it out:
http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/pictures.php?s=&action=single&picid=1868&direction=DESC&sort=date&perrow=4&trows=3

EDIT
Heres a quick link to the backgrounds so far…

MOE Team 365

Cyber Blue Team 234

Mechanical Bulls Team 810

That’s a pretty cool background. Although, since my favorite color is blue, I have to say that I think it would look great with blue instead of green. But, either way, it’s looks really nice.

~Christina

Cool wallpaper…i’ve found a lot on the web that might be cool to edit (but i’m not very good at it)or use that didnt come with XP…

I’de really like to see a pic of your computer if u can get one…i’ve seen places that would do that for a price but one thing they had that u didnt mention was that they put neon lights under the cover so it would glow…imagine neon green lights under yours?

:slight_smile:

“Lime Green” is MOE’s official color, so ya know, I had to stick with that. Besides, now my background matches the mod i did on my computer case (‘MOE green’ computer case with a gear cut-out covered by lexane, bay buss switches, and faceplate painting). I gotta get a picture of it, its quite the sight.

Anyway, you’re in luck…I got bored after posting and started another background - and its blue! Not quite done yet, but its looking pretty good now. Do you want me to personalize it for your team? I can do quite a bit, so if you want to describe a few things you want on it (FIRST Logo w/ team number faded into it, an OS label, resolution you want…) anything like that, I’d be glad to help :slight_smile:

ack! clark, you beat me to an edit…about that neon light though…yeah, through that gear cut-out is a bright green light that can light my computer room at night :slight_smile: controlled by a bay buss switch

Hey there Brian…i dont get a plug for that case? who got you started on case modding? who helped a lot on the case?
bah! my feelings are hurt. im going to cry now :frowning:

i had the idea for the neon too…if i dont get recognition, im gonna run over to ur house and beat you over the head with it! mwuhahahaha!

hehe…im just kidding to anyone worrying right now…Brians my best friend :slight_smile: heh. But seriously…modding cases isnt very hard. it requires guts (you are cutting, painting, messing with an semi expensive part). But it is very very rewarding. My new case is only half done at the moment…and its not green (only cause brian wont let me “copy” his case), but its allready looking good :slight_smile: hehe. If your at all interested in modding your case (cutting windows, cutting blowholes, changing LEDs, Making a baybus, painting, etc, etc, etc) go to:
www.hardforums.com and go to the cool cases section.
Read through the FAQ, and look through it…i garuntee you you can get started doing everying above just by reading that message board and going to the links. If anyone wants to ask me questions, feel free to email me at [email protected]

Brian’s case will have a pic online by the end of tommorow, as ill go over and take a pic with my digital camera…of course…i dunno…i never was mentioned…maybe i need to be mentioned before taking the pic…after all, its not like i helped design it, why should i take a picture? hmmm…heheheheheheh

-Nick Gauthier
Team 365 MOE
Friend of Brians (Gniticxe)
Unrecognized co-designer of the Official 365 Computer Case :frowning:

*Originally posted by gniticxe *
Anyway, you’re in luck…I got bored after posting and started another background - and its blue! Not quite done yet, but its looking pretty good now. Do you want me to personalize it for your team? I can do quite a bit, so if you want to describe a few things you want on it (FIRST Logo w/ team number faded into it, an OS label, resolution you want…) anything like that, I’d be glad to help :slight_smile:

Cool beans! You’d do that for me?? Woohoo!! Well, if it’s going to have my team number, our team colors are red and blue…but I like the blue better. :slight_smile: Anywho, my team number is 810 and my resolution is 1280x1024. Our team name is “The Mechanical Bulls” if you want to do something with that. :slight_smile: If you have spare time, go for it! (I wish I had that much spare time :P) Thanks!

~Christina

*Originally posted by NickG. *
**Hey there Brian…i dont get a plug for that case? who got you started on case modding? who helped a lot on the case?
bah! my feelings are hurt. im going to cry now :frowning:

Brian’s case will have a pic online by the end of tommorow, as ill go over and take a pic with my digital camera…of course…i dunno…i never was mentioned…maybe i need to be mentioned before taking the pic…after all, its not like i helped design it, why should i take a picture? hmmm…heheheheheheh

Nick,
You will surely understand that it was pure accident that you were not mentioned as a great accomplice for the mod to my case. You see, ever since I posted that background, I’ve been recieving requests for other backgrounds. And wanting to please the people of FIRST, I got started. So, my mind was in other places when the subject of case modding arose. Although you did help quite a bit, at this time, I must point and laugh at you because you’re in school. Whats that? I’m not?! I’m sitting here on the forums (when I should be doing that Physics homework) while you’re in school “learning”? muahahaha!<evil laugh>

In response to Christina and Tom, I’ll get started on those today (because I don’t have school!) and put a big check next to the background for Cyber Blue 234. its here: http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/pictures.php?s=&action=single&picid=1870&direction=DESC&sort=date&perrow=4&trows=3 Again, 234, let me know when you get your team symbol ready…btw, I’ll upload the updated background (I added some nice blue flames, and fixed the spacing on the Win XP Logo) when I can include your symbol.

**EDIT
If you missed it, theres links to the 3 backgrounds I’ve done so far in the first thread of this post. ** :slight_smile:

Well, im not using Windows HP yet, but this was the background I had up for a while…

It got rather mindnumbing cause the background was a little “busy”…but I liked it.

Hey everyone,
Here is the latest background…
Bobcat Team 177 Background

Ever thought of making just a FIRST based wallpaper? That way everyone could use it…

:slight_smile:

lol, thats what I started with…

*Originally posted by gniticxe *
**… I was thinking of making one for FIRST, not just team 365, any suggestions on what should be in it? color scheme?
Thanks

so, any suggestions?

*Originally posted by Clark Gilbert *
**I’de really like to see a pic of your computer if u can get one…i’ve seen places that would do that for a price but one thing they had that u didnt mention was that they put neon lights under the cover so it would glow…imagine neon green lights under yours?

:slight_smile: **

Nick did come over with his camera and I recently uploaded this picture of my case mod. Some of you will see it at our competitions, provided we get an ok from an adult. Come see it for real in the pits of Drexel, VCU, and nats.

I got bored this morning while waiting on the food to get ready so i decided to make a technokats wallpaper… well here it is… its pretty simple but it still looks good…

FILE SIZE IS ABOUT 225K

it just takes a couple seconds to load…
(i’ve got another FIRST one coming soon)

Kyle

After seeing the MOE desktop, did anyone click the next button? Who is that Andy w/ the horse?? Seems to be a little happy…

(If the person that is seeing the picture and reading this, i don’t mean to be offencesive!)

hey…you just know you want to make me one of those cool backgrounds. j/k I won’t be a pain like that…great job on the ones you’ve done, though! ~Angela

*Originally posted by littlefish180 *
hey…you just know you want to make me one of those cool backgrounds. j/k I won’t be a pain like that…

lol, I can get started on another in my free time this weekend, but until i finish, this general FIRST background is my favorite. It is a lot less busy then the other ones so far…i dont know…i just think its cool. Look for your background next wednesday…ish.

Here is something really simple i did again with ulead photoimpact… i got bored on turkey day…

http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/pictures.php?s=&action=single&picid=1875&direction=DESC&sort=date&perrow=4&trows=3

Kyle

I know that most of these desktop pictures are harmless, and they are just for fun. But some people may not like them. For example we have to use the navy logo with permission, and it can never be mixed with a commercial product. And this is what it is FIRST or Microsoft may disagree on. I know that some companies are very meticulous with their logo, and may not like it with a “conflict of interest”. But just be cautioned that unless you get permission from FIRST and Microsoft you can do this, I would just keep them off CD, and exchange these via E-mail. Since these background pictures, is incorporated with the FIRST and the Microsoft logo, it may seem that FIRST is endorsing Microsoft, which it technically can’t do without permission.

:confused:

Hey,

What do you people use?? I have Photo Shop 5.0, and I can’t get thoes overlays like you do. Plus, why is there that Windows XP on a lot of them??

Thx, Matt!!

Kyle, I did think of that when I decided to put the FIRST and XP Logos on the desktop images. The FIRST Logo is there because, well, thats what the background is about - its a registered FIRST team. Further, at www.usfirst.org , the official FIRST site, the logo has no ®, ©, or TM…I agree that Microsoft might not like thier logo on the image, but recently, I’ve been adding in the TM and ®…though I doubt that legally makes it any better. Anyway if CD gets anything from M$ or FIRST concerning problems with the images, I encourage Brandon to take them down immediately. Theres no point getting in a legal battle over a silly background…speaking of which… SPAM Team 180’s background is done ahead of schedule.

Matt, Win XP is on a lot of them because that is my OS…believe it or not, I use these as backgrouds :slight_smile: Also, Win XP is the best OS out there right now. I’m using Photoshop 6.02…which is the reason I got done so fast. I downloaded a new texture (that swirl look) and played with polar coordinates (remember those?) and ended up with this. Note the ® and TM :wink: