Windows7 x64?

I just bought a laptop since my old one died, and I’ve been wondering, ever since I installed the netbeans FRC plugins, i haven’t been able to compile to the cRIO. I get multiple output errors. I looked at output, and I think the problem is that the downloaded version did not support windows x64 platforms, and I have windows 7 x64. Is there a workaround for this or do i have to compile on the classmate?

I suggest that you just code on your laptop, its not like you have to compile it every minute or something. Just have an online code repository and have it upload everytime you save. Then you can compile it on a working compiler like the class mate. Plus you can go home and work on the code even more.

Well last year, the debugging to 70% of my time than actual coding… So there is no workaround

I was hoping to be able to drive the robot from my laptop, seeing how the driver station our team built is awkward and a burden to carry. Plus i really don’t like Classmate because it won’t connect to any internet in our school, and compiling on it takes forever.

Now, I am not sure if this is going to work, but you can try partitioning a part of your HD and installing 32 bit XP or 7 on it and code on it.

http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1910

That’s not a bad idea, but instead of dual booting, a core i5 processor would be powerful enough to run xp 32 bit edition inside of a VM through VirtualBox. Or i could always use Xen, whichever does the job better.

Are you trying to complie Java or LabView for the cRio?

I used 7 x64 last year on both dev laptops. Java complied fine. I never tried to compile LabView for the cRio, but the desktop labview apps compiled/worked fine.

Could you please post the error(s).

One issue I just remembered when I tried to test it.

To get cRio Java to compile on x64 you need to copy the contents of C:\Users%username%\sunspotfrcsdk\platform-specific\windows-x86 to C:\Users%username%\sunspotfrcsdk\bin.

easy solution: linux vm

I had the same problem. Here’s what I did to fix it:

1. Uninstall the current Netbeans and Java SDK.
  2. Download Java SE and NetBeans Cobundle (JDK 6u23 and NB 6.9.1) and FRC2011Utilities.zip.
  3. Install ‘Java SE and NetBeans Cobundle (JDK 6u23 and NB 6.9.1)’.
  4. While waiting for it to complete, go find the new 2011 NI LabView disc sent to your team.
  5. After Netbeans is installed, Open Netbeans and add the FRC plugin to it, and run all of the updates.
  6. Install the FRC tools from the LabView disc if you haven’t already.
  7. After FRC Tools is installed, extract the FRC2011Utilities.zip and run the autorun.exe inside.
  8. Done

This issue was most likely because the file that installs the SDK (and sets which IP address it tries to download to) used to recognize 64-bit systems as invalid. The file has since been changed to recognize 64-bit systems as valid install platforms. This is true for both the NetBeans and Eclipse FRC Plug-ins (since they use the same SDK files)