I think the interesting thing about post-bag-era is that you’re going to get VERY different answers depending on when a responder is competing.
1923/1914 are Week 1, and we’re mechanically + electrically complete, still tuning autonomous (but we have our bare minimum requirements), and are spending this week on drivers’ practice, plus training our pit crew in the shop on quick-repairs as they assemble our spare parts kits.
The to-do list on the board is feeling comfortably short, and we’re very excited to be back on the field - but just like the halfway mark thread, I think it’s important to remember that another team’s progress is a totally different journey and it’s okay if you’re not there yet - especially if you’re competing later into the season.
Drivers practice and fine tuning The robot handles well, picks up balls, shoots accurately, and has a lightning fast mid-rung climb (as in floor to full height in about 1 second, and we’re balanced enough to only need a couple inches of that).
7525 got our wheels moving for the first time yesterday. Waiting on a few more COTS components for this thing to be done. Then comes pneumatic rigging, programming, auto paths, and driver practice. A lot to get done between now and March 9th.
We’ve gotten our robot to the high rung and have pick up balls and dumped them into the low goal. This week we are replacing all the MDF with polycarbonate and then completing our climbing process to go to the traverse. Still need to add an autonomous routine before our week 2 event.
We’re competing week 5 and we are not comfortably close to being done yet. we tried to rig of the robot to drive on saturday after we installed the electronics panel, but unfortuatnly we ran into a BUNCH of problems. We probably won’t be ready for driver practice until next week. Also, I think our robot might be drastically overweight.
we have a week and a day to play with the robot before we leave for our only competition. Saturday it was picking up Cargo off the floor and scoring in the low Hub, in a very rookie driver kind of way. It also sprouted a hook and stuff, which needs to be modified and programmed to work to get on the two lowest rungs.
Our field trip is mostly arranged, students mostly have permission to go, and it’s possible we’ll get some driver practice in, once we figure out who the driver(s) is/are. So yeah, it’s going fine, and only a week later than I had hoped.