WITHHOLDING ALLOWANCE?

In the manual it says that the withholding allowance specifications are in the administrative manual section 5 but I can’t find them! Where are they?

What it says is in Section 5 is the Shipment Deadline. The phrase “Withholding Allowance” is in bold so it is defined in Section 1 of the Administrative Manual. The Withholding Allowance is also covered in rule <R33>.

Check <R33>.

This is what you are referencing

Emphasis mine. The specs you want for the withholding allowance are in section 4: The Robot.

So it’s 30 lbs?

Yes, 30lbs + Minibot + Operator Console + Batteries, wire and Anderson connector

Thanks. That helped. I’ve been searching the manual for 10 minutes trying to find it. I guess I wasn’t looking in the right place :rolleyes:

For now. In the past when bad weather has affected many teams in an adverse manner, they have increased it to 50 LBs. Don’t assume that will happen this year, but you never can tell.

I noticed in an older version it said 45 lbs.

Our entire HOSTBOT comes in at less than 100lbs (without thus-mandatory IMPROVEMENTS), so I’m thinking that an increase in WITHHOLDING ALLOWANCE will result in a massive decrease in VACATION TIME for this mentor…

sigh. I did sign up for this, after all… And I do love it so!

Well… when you get your banebots order, that should go up a bit. :stuck_out_tongue:

I feel ya… But fortunately, we did get it on Friday!

Well, the students on our team really appriciate all the work our mentors do for us. Here’s a big thanks to all mentors who give up their time to build our futures! THANKS!!!

Actually, last year, it started at 40, and was increased to 65.

This year, it started at 30. No increase is foreseen.

How does the withholding allowance work between competitions? I couldn’t find any mention of it in the rules. Like, if you brought 30lbs of manufactured parts in to your first competition which you then bag with your robot at the conclusion of the competition, can you then bring in 30 new lbs of parts for the next competition (limited, of course, by the 120lb hostbot limit)?

:eek: IT’S NOT BIG ENOUGH!!!
THANK YOU!!!

I believe it is 30 lbs per event, but I’m not 100% sure.

Where does it say that the Minibot is automatically included in the withholding allowance?

I remember looking through the rules to determine if it was or not, but based on what I found, the MINIBOT is part of the ROBOT and is thus included in the 30lbs.

Either way, it’d make sense to withhold the minibot.

<R33-b>

The rules (Intro, 1.6, Definitions) do not specifically say the MINIBOT is in the WITHHOLDING ALLOWANCE; it is stated that the OPERATING CONSOLE is automatically in the ALLOWANCE. <R33> confirms that the MINIBOT weight is not counted against the 30 pounds. However there was a Q&A that confirmed the MINIBOT is in the ALLOWANCE.