Women in STEM Survey: Help our team get data!

Hello all!

My team, 3786, is working on our first Women in STEM documentary about young women involved in FRC and FTC. As a part of this, we have a survey for anyone who has participated in or mentored FRC or FTC. The data will be included in our documentary!

The goal of the documentary is to showcase young women involved in FIRST, their stories, their experiences, and to encourage more young girls and women to get involved in FRC.

The survey might be a little long-winded, but we want to be as thorough as possible in our analysis.

https://goo.gl/forms/cGJEpa0zda73hYyD2

Please let us know if we got anything wrong in the survey! And thank you all!

“Number of female members in pit crew” has no 0 option.

“Number of female members in pit crew” has no 0 option.

Whoops! Thanks for pointing that one out! Fixed!

Just submitted for our all girls team 3134

If you are going to include Mentors as part of this survey, you need to make sure the questions on page 2 of the form allow for those of us that were never a part of the program as a student.

If you are going to include Mentors as part of this survey, you need to make sure the questions on page 2 of the form allow for those of us that were never a part of the program as a student.

That’s a really great idea, thank you for pointing it out! We’ve gone and added in a mentor section of questions too.

For some reason, after filling out the female-specific mentor questions, it’s requiring me to fill out the male-specific mentor questions. Is this correct?

Perhaps you could have a box to check if your team is going to be 100% skewed one way (girl scouts, all-boys schools, etc.) That way you can at least have the option to rule that out of the data.

So some of these questions are tough for me because I am not a mentor on the team that I was as a student on so it is a little confusing to answer the student based questions based on their phrasing.

I would love to help with this, but the survey has two insurmountable bugs. The survey requires a response in the Male Mentor Specific Questions (even though I am a Female Mentor). Also, I’ve never participated in FIRST as a student (only as a mentor) and there is no way to opt out of the Female Specific Questions that are clearly meant to be directed toward the student experience.

I’m having the same experience.

Whoops! I fixed the issue with the Male/Female Mentor Questions! Sorry about that guys!

It could be beneficial to also ask about behavior among teams at competitions: I’ve always had great experiences within my team, but I can’t say the same at competitions.

Good Idea! I’ve added a subnote to some of the questions to address this!