Woodie Flowers passed away

Woodie

78 Likes

RIP Woodie, an inspiration for us all. Thank you for your contributions to FRC. Your legacy will live on with this amazing and life changing program.

9 Likes

A truly wonderful man. He will be missed.

Rest in peace, Woodie.

7 Likes

Saddening news about one of FIRSTs most important role models. He will be missed.

5 Likes

He was such a kind and gracious man. He will truly be missed.

7 Likes

A great guy RIP

3 Likes

Dean’s vision got me into FIRST. But it was Woodie’s example that showed me why we do this job. I’m gutted.

47 Likes

I got the opportunity to meet Woodie twice during my time as a student and his passion for FIRST is something that has stuck with me to this day. Rest in Peace and condolences to his wife and family :blue_heart:

6 Likes

I’m absolutely speechless. This man has impacted millions of people including every single one of us here at FUN. Thank you Dr. Flowers for everything.

53 Likes

I had the opportunity to meet Woodie a few times and he got to see our robot climb earlier this year. He was a huge inspiration to the FIRST community and will be missed greatly. :cry:

Rest in piece, Woodie.

7 Likes

Rest in piece, Woodie. We will miss you.

One of the best moments of my life was meeting him and I am a better person because of his impact on FIRST robotics.

9 Likes

My thoughts and condolences are with his family. He was such a great man and although this is a huge loss to first and the world I am sure his legacy will continue to inspire

3 Likes

Rest In Peace, Woodie. The world cannot thank you enough for your contributions. I will miss you.

5 Likes

An inspiration and a role model for all involved. Truly a giant among men and he will be missed and remember forever.

Rest in peace Woodie and my condolences to his family.

2 Likes

Thank you and I will miss you tremendously. You were one of the best people on earth during my lifetime. You inspired me and kept me on track through 17 years as a FIRST mentor. I will try to keep doing it, and remember what you taught me.

6 Likes

Dear Woodie,

Thank you for creating a thing that encompasses three of my favorite things.

Engineering, Education and Sports.

6 Likes

Rest in peace Woodie. I thank you so much for everything you have done.

2 Likes

On behalf of team 5724 I would like to express my condolences to his family and everyone else who was impacted by Woodie.

I know, personally, that I would not be where I am today without FIRST and I am so gracious for the opportunity to have flourished in a program that he helped to design.

I’ll never forget you Woodie.

2 Likes

I can’t describe in words the impact Woodie made in Brazil and World. Rest in piece and condolences to Ms. Margareth and his family. We will work hard to honor his legacy. Thank you for all you have done for our world.

2 Likes