woooooohooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Josh at 2/3/2001 2:32 AM EST

Engineer on team #419, Rambots, from Wentworth Institute of Technology.

120 RPM!!!

ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY TURNS PER MINUTE!!!11!!!

Why do i post here this obviously slow motor rotation? What would the purpose be for me telling you that something goes 120 RPM? Why does the sky seem green today? What if i told you that i wasn’t talking about the motors we were using…

What if i told you…that our robot actually goes in the neighborhood of 110-120 revolutions in 1 minute?

I didn’t believe it myself till we did the calculations…:slight_smile:

It’s an amazing sight, and with any luck, we’ll be able to show you all at the conference. We do have a little more weight to add though, so figure maybe 100 rpm tops at teh conference. And hey, you never know, the sky might be green for once…

RAMBOTS RULE!!!1!!

Josh
Team 419
“Wha?”

Posted by Anton Abaya at 2/3/2001 2:08 PM EST

Coach on team #419, Rambots, from UMass Boston / BC High and NONE AT THE MOMENT! :(.

In Reply to: woooooohooooooooooooo!!!1!!!
Posted by Josh on 2/3/2001 2:32 AM EST:

: 120 RPM!!!

: ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY TURNS PER MINUTE!!!11!!!

: Why do i post here this obviously slow motor rotation? What would the purpose be for me telling you that something goes 120 RPM? Why does the sky seem green today? What if i told you that i wasn’t talking about the motors we were using…

: What if i told you…that our robot actually goes in the neighborhood of 110-120 revolutions in 1 minute?

: I didn’t believe it myself till we did the calculations…:slight_smile:

: It’s an amazing sight, and with any luck, we’ll be able to show you all at the conference. We do have a little more weight to add though, so figure maybe 100 rpm tops at teh conference. And hey, you never know, the sky might be green for once…

: RAMBOTS RULE!!!1!!

: Josh
: Team 419
: “Wha?”

ur butt’s on fire.

-anton is the guy who did the gear ratio.

Posted by Erin at 2/3/2001 2:14 PM EST

Other on team #65, Huskie Brigade, from Pontiac Northern High School and GM Powertrain.

Josh-

There is a difference between calculating how many it could do and how many it really would do :slight_smile:

wouldn’t she (your robot) get dizzy? i would put money on that you couldn’t get 120 (2 rp second) rpm :slight_smile:
-erin

Posted by Josh at 2/3/2001 4:19 PM EST

Engineer on team #419, Rambots, from Wentworth Institute of Technology.

In Reply to: well there is a difference…
Posted by Erin on 2/3/2001 2:14 PM EST:

: Josh-

: There is a difference between calculating how many it could do and how many it really would do :slight_smile:

: wouldn’t she (your robot) get dizzy? i would put money on that you couldn’t get 120 (2 rp second) rpm :slight_smile:
: -erin

Well, ok, i certainly couldn’t do it…no…

But the robot didn’t seem to mind it at all, in fact, we did that spinning the motors in reverse, so even if the calculations were a bit off, it should compensate. Besides, for the 15 minutes before and after, we were jumping her off the mock bar we set up, doing reverse, sideways, and forward spins, figure 8’s, t-stops, burnouts, peelouts, and a whole lot of other wicked manuvers…it was a sight to behold…
Unfortunatly however, we did this on brown tile, and the tile doesn’t look so hot with thousands of grey streaks all over it in variuos loop paterns.

Josh
Team 419
“Wha?”

Posted by mike oleary at 2/3/2001 8:24 PM EST

Student on team #419, rambots, from bc high.

: 120 RPM!!!

: ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY TURNS PER MINUTE!!!11!!!

: Why do i post here this obviously slow motor rotation? What would the purpose be for me telling you that something goes 120 RPM? Why does the sky seem green today? What if i told you that i wasn’t talking about the motors we were using…

: What if i told you…that our robot actually goes in the neighborhood of 110-120 revolutions in 1 minute?

: I didn’t believe it myself till we did the calculations…:slight_smile:

: It’s an amazing sight, and with any luck, we’ll be able to show you all at the conference. We do have a little more weight to add though, so figure maybe 100 rpm tops at teh conference. And hey, you never know, the sky might be green for once…

: RAMBOTS RULE!!!1!!

: Josh
: Team 419
: “Wha?”

maybe well even be able to figure out a way to pop wheelies…

Posted by Erin at 2/4/2001 10:23 AM EST

Other on team #65, Huskie Brigade, from Pontiac Northern High School and GM Powertrain.

In Reply to: Re: woooooohooooooooooooo!!!1!!!
Posted by mike oleary on 2/3/2001 8:24 PM EST:

lets just say this…i know someone who can :slight_smile:

hehe

its pretty cool.
erin