World Science Festival 2008

World Science Festival
May 28- June 1, 2008

World Science Festival Street Fair (NYU Campus)
Saturday, May 31, 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
The World Science Festival takes to the streets with a non-stop program of interactive exhibits, experiments, games, and shows that will entertain and inspire.
• It’s hands-on horticulture with the New York Botanical Garden.
• Saul Griffith and the Howtoons guys show you how to make extraordinary experiments from everyday things.
• Stop by and see Miss Frizzle and the Scholastic Magic School Bus.
• Travel to the Gobi desert and reconstruct the lives of dinosaurs in the American Museum of Natural History’s Paleontology of Dinosaurs Movable Museum.
• The New York Hall of Science brings fun science that will have you blowing bubbles.
For a shocking experience, get hooked up at Liberty Science Center’s electricity exhibit. Disney’s Lucky the Dinosaur, New York/New Jersey FIRST robotics, Legos, the Science Barge and Snook from It’s a Big Big World — they’re all at the World Science Festival Street Fair, your one-stop science extravaganza on May 31 from 10—6!
Venue: The Street Fair will take place in the NYU campus area on and around Washington Square. More information and a map to follow soon!

COME CHEER YOUR FAVORITE NJ or NYC FRC TEAM!

CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS FOR WORLD SCIENCE FESTIVAL

Greetings New York & Tri-State FRC Teams!!

I am glad to inform you that NYC/NJ FIRST will be part of the World Science Festival to be held May 31st at New York University in the Village section of Manhattan from 8 to 6 pm. There are still one or two team spots available, so if you wish your team to be in, please call me right away! (917-361-2257) -

We will join the celebration hosting FRC demo games on a REAL playing field! We will need helpers to set up the field that morning, and help us dis- asemble it in the afternoon. If you can lend a hand on Saturday 31st early morning and/or late afternoon, please call me NOW and I will put you on our volunteer crew list!

THANKS!

Ana Martinez- FIRST Regional Director of NJ/NYC FIRST
[email protected]
917-361-2257

If you make it there, I have to reccomend you spend some time watching and learning from Saul and the rest of the Howtoons crew. I had the opportunity to work with another of Saul’s ventures last summer, and it was an amazing experience. Don’t miss out!

1676 Will be attending and demo-ing!

Event was awesome until the rain started. Has anyone seen any news videos or articles? Saw NBC filming, but nothing on their website yet. Was it on tv?