WOW!!!

Posted by Thomas Grupp.

Engineer on team #378, Circuit Stompers, from Newfane High School and Delphi Automotive Systems.

Posted on 3/14/2000 5:27 AM MST

I just wanted to say that as a Rookie. We were amazed with the level of spirit and cooperation that was present at the GLR.
This is the most impressive competition I have ever seen, or been involved with. What really blew me away was the way the teams lined the field
during the Awards presentation. Just amazing!

As a rookie team I felt we did great in the competition. We are hooked, we cant stop talking about how we are going to approach Nationals!

Just wanted to Congratulate Every team that was at the GLR, Everbody is a Winner!

See You Nationals!!

Best Regards
Tom Grupp
Team #378
The Circuit Stompers

Posted by Andy Baker.

Engineer on team #45, TechnoKats, from Kokomo High School and Delphi Automotive Systems.

Posted on 3/14/2000 7:27 AM MST

In Reply to: WOW!!! posted by Thomas Grupp on 3/14/2000 5:27 AM MST:

Welcome to the craziness, Tom.

Team 378 made quite an impression. Your team greatly deserves the Rookie All-Star Award.

Heck, you guys are the ‘rookies’ and you were giving material to us, a 9 year veteran team, so that we could get our 'bot working! Thanks!

Andy B.

Posted by S. Krussell.

Coach on team #349, Robahamas, from International Academy and Ford Motor Co…

Posted on 3/14/2000 2:58 PM MST

In Reply to: Great Job, Stompers! posted by Andy Baker on 3/14/2000 7:27 AM MST:

Hey, we were your next door neighbors in the pits, and we were happy to see you win the ‘All Star Rookie of the Year’ award, but we never got to mention it in the craziness of the last minute rush of the finals. So, congratulations from Team #349. We enjoyed talking to you and your engineers. We didn’t even realize you were rookies!

Hope to see you at Motorola Midwest or the Nationals.

Posted by Veronica.

Student on team #27, Team Rush, from OSMTech and DaimlerChrysler.

Posted on 3/17/2000 2:50 PM MST

In Reply to: WOW!!! posted by Thomas Grupp on 3/14/2000 5:27 AM MST:

: Thank you for the compliment! I am a rookie member of our team and was also impressed! I love how all the teams are so nice. This is diffrent from other sporting events, i’ve never seen so many people get along so well. I felt welcomed and am also hooked on FIRST
I’m glad to hear that a rookie team is hooked, the more the marrier!:slight_smile: Good luck!!
Veronica

P.S. I love your robot