WPI and T177

Semifinal 2, Match 2…

Team 177, the Bobcats, will always have my respect for what they pulled off in that match…

They managed to win the match 9-7, though there alliance, team 175, could not move because of a glitch in the competition controller…

Great defensive maneuvers…and way to take that bridge from the robots that double teamed you…that was “sweet”…

Joel…

As soon as i saw that Buzz wasn’t working… i had it set in my mind that we were pretty much dead… since we had trouble beating that alliace (which was 190 and… ?.. their partner, can someone help me here) even with buzz’s help…

the one thing i am thankful for is the human players on our team and buzz throwing 3 balls into the goal that was being controlled by the other teams… without those 3 balls… our multiplyer would have been multiplying nothing :slight_smile:

Anyways… Thanks to WPI for an awesome time… i can’t wait for battlecry III…

Tom S.
Team 177

For the record, it was 88, and they were raising hell about that whole semi-final round. Either way, it rocked. And 121 became champion without doing anything. Luck of the draw, I guess.

*Originally posted by EddieMcD *
**For the record, it was 88, and they were raising hell about that whole semi-final round… **

Though I have to say I’m psyched our alliance won, 88 and 190 did have a good reason to contest that round - and put up one heck of a fight on the field.

Oh and Eddie…remember, we almost needed ya on the field there, so I for one am very glad you guys were ready to move on a moment’s notice!

~ lora

*Originally posted by Lora Knepper *
**88 and 190 did have a good reason to contest that round - and put up one heck of a fight on the field. **

What was the good reason to contest that round… obviously there was a lot of robot to robot contact, but did we touch a bridge or do somethign we weren’t supposed to?

I’m not sure… i didn’t see the match from a spectator’s perspective, only from a drivers…

Tom

Well supposedly, the refs flip-flopped the score on the first round, unless we missed something. But on the second one, it was a very tough call. The way I saw it was: 175 doesn’t start. 177 operates solo. 177 gets a goal on the blue bridge (side wise). 88 & 190 take the yellow bridge. 177 blocks 190 (with goal). 88 comes over the bridge to help 190. 177 shuts down with 38 seconds left. 88 & 190 knock over 177, putting it’s arm on the bridge, and giving 177/175 control of both bridges. I don’t think 177 touched the bridge while 190/88 had control, but it was close. The refs did the best they could.