WPI Competition.

Posted by nick237 at 05/21/2001 10:20 PM EST

Engineer on team #237, sie h2o bots, from Watertown high school ct and sieman co.

Just a question to the teams at the WPI Competition next month. Will there be any facilities to repair and work on broken/damaged bots. The Sie H2o Bots could bring the " Bot Mobile " if alowed and if there is enough interest. We brought it to the UTC Regional and it was used by many teams in trouble.
The “Bot Mobile” has a Lathe, Miller, Drill press, Grinder, Sander and many other hand tools.
If any one is in charge of the WPI and reads this would they let me know if we would be welcome with our trailor or should we leave it home?
I ask because we were NOT welcome in Hartford by FIRST Staff who gave us a very hard time, I think they forgot the “SHARING” bit that we hear about all the time from FIRST.
Let me know.
nick237

Posted by mike oleary at 05/21/2001 10:29 PM EST

Engineer on team #419, rambots, from bc high and…oh wait just bc high and hmmm…sponsors…thats a good idea.

In Reply to: WPI Competition.
Posted by nick237 on 05/21/2001 10:20 PM EST:

there would certaintly be interest, at least from the rambots

: Just a question to the teams at the WPI Competition next month. Will there be any facilities to repair and work on broken/damaged bots. The Sie H2o Bots could bring the " Bot Mobile " if alowed and if there is enough interest. We brought it to the UTC Regional and it was used by many teams in trouble.
: The “Bot Mobile” has a Lathe, Miller, Drill press, Grinder, Sander and many other hand tools.
: If any one is in charge of the WPI and reads this would they let me know if we would be welcome with our trailor or should we leave it home?
: I ask because we were NOT welcome in Hartford by FIRST Staff who gave us a very hard time, I think they forgot the “SHARING” bit that we hear about all the time from FIRST.
: Let me know.
: nick237

Posted by Kate T190 at 05/22/2001 2:07 AM EST

College Student on team #190, Gompei, from Mass Academy of Math and Science and Worcester Polytechnic Institute.

I’m pretty sure that there will again be access to our machine shop during the competition. I’ll run your Bot Mobile by the people who are organizing BattleCry2.

Kate

Posted by Elgin C at 05/22/2001 1:02 PM EST

Engineer on team #237, Sie-H20-Bots, from Watertown High School / NVCC.

Nick,

Just a few questions for you. What competitions are the Sie-H20-Bots participating in during the off season, and when are they approximately? Just wondering so I can stop bye if I can and show some support.

Talk to you later

Elgin.

Posted by Jessica Boucher at 05/22/2001 2:48 PM EST

Student on team #237, Sie-H2O-Bots, from Watertown High School and Eastern Awning Systems & The Siemon Company.

In Reply to: Nick237 please respond
Posted by Elgin C on 05/22/2001 1:02 PM EST:

Elgin,

Why don’t you show for meetings anymore? Are you not getting the emails?

We are currently registered for:
Mayhem on the Merrimack - June 9th (3 hr drive approx.)
Battlecry @ WPI - June 23rd (2.5 hr drive approx.)
Bash @ the Beach - August 18th (Waterford, CT)
When registration opens, we want to go to RiverRage on Sept 9th (Manchester, NH)

Anyway…if you have any other questions about the mini-comps, email me or ask Frank or Duda (they’re taking over for me when I leave for Babson)…oh, and take a look at the Battlecry rules (www.wpi.edu/+battlecry)…they are different.

-Jessica B

Posted by Ken Stafford at 05/23/2001 11:08 AM EST

Engineer on team #190, Gompei and the HERD, from WPI/Mass Acad of Math and Science and WPI.

Nick,

As last year, we will have our Robotics Lab open and available for BattleCry Warriors. It has the usual array of machines (presses, grinders, drill press, band saw, manual lathes, vertical mill, torches, welders) plus two or more brand new HAAS CNC mills/lathes.
Our technician will be on standby in the Pit Area ready to provide immediate assistance to any robot in need of work.

While I appreciate your spirit in offering your tool trailer, I don’t think it will really be necessary. The machine/repair service we provided to last year’s Warriors was one of the top rated issues on our post-event survey.

Posted by Jeff W. at 05/24/2001 1:25 AM EST

Engineer on team #419, RAMBOTS, from Boston College High School and Don’t think we actually have a sponsor.

In Reply to: Re: WPI Competition.
Posted by Ken Stafford on 05/23/2001 11:08 AM EST:

Technician will really help the Rambots since we lost our “Engineers” and is high school student run now. And also Nick, since the college people left the team, which means that they took all the tools away leaving us with no tools and we might not be able to buy all the tools that we need. We might therefore be missing a few tools here and there.

Jeff “We have no engineers and tools” Wong
P.S. Why am I up at 1:24 AM to post a message??

: Our technician will be on standby in the Pit Area ready to provide immediate assistance to any robot in need of work.

: While I appreciate your spirit in offering your tool trailer, I don’t think it will really be necessary. The machine/repair service we provided to last year’s Warriors was one of the top rated issues on our post-event survey.

Posted by Mike Corliss at 05/25/2001 11:57 AM EST

Student on team #419, Rambots, from BC High and :(.

In Reply to: Rambots
Posted by Jeff W. on 05/24/2001 1:25 AM EST:

As our teal is also quite under-funded, any edible contributions to the cause would also be appreciated

GIMME FOOD!!!

Posted by mike oleary at 05/25/2001 4:32 PM EST

Engineer on team #419, rambots, from bc high and…oh wait just bc high and hmmm…sponsors…thats a good idea.

In Reply to: food as well
Posted by Mike Corliss on 05/25/2001 11:57 AM EST:

dont worry…were not picky: we define ‘edible’ very broadly…

: As our teal is also quite under-funded, any edible contributions to the cause would also be appreciated

:
: GIMME FOOD!!!