WPI FIRST Scholarships - Now Open

Since 1996, WPI has been offering full tuition scholarships to members of the FIRST community. As this is a year of uncertainty, I wanted to let folks know that these scholarships are continuing and anyone on an FRC/FTC teams that participated in Infinite Recharge v1/v2 or Ultimate Goal/Skystone are eligible.

Two full-tuition scholarships are available:

• WPI FIRST Design Innovation Scholarship. In addition to the full scholarship, three runners-up will receive $20,000 scholarships. Submissions must be a video or presentation focusing on the design innovations of your team’s robot (for 2021 applications this can be a 2020 or 2021 season robot) and also touch on team spirit, sportsmanship, or teamwork.

• WPI FIRST Allaire Scholarship. Submissions must be an essay focusing on leadership and its impact and the role of science and technology in society. This scholarship is intended to be awarded to a student who identifies as part of traditionally underrepresented group in STEM.

We would LOVE to be overwhelmed with submissions this year! It is always fun and inspiring to see the amazing submissions of the FIRST community, but it will be an especially uplifting experience given all that is going on this year.

To apply, you must first apply to WPI through Common App no later than Feb 15! The deadline for scholarship submission is March 8th.

Specifics about the scholarship, eligibility, and application process can be found here: WPI FIRST Scholarships | WPI Merit Scholarships | Scholarships & Grants | Types of Aid | Tuition & Financial Aid | Admissions | WPI

If you have any questions, I am happy to answer them to the best of my ability or direct you to someone who can.

9 Likes

I know this post didn’t get much traction here before, but given the deadline is March 8th, I want to encourage anyone who was considering applying to just do it! The number of submissions we’ve seen so far this year is way down. Normally we’d have 80-100 applications by this time, and we have maybe 1/10th of that right now.

Your chances of winning a full scholarship have literally never been better since we started awarding them to FIRST students 20+ years ago!

Remember, it doesn’t matter if your team registered this season or not, we will accept submissions from any FRC/FTC student from an active team last season or this season.

4 Likes