WPILib and Eclipse 4.5.1 Mars - 2016 Beta fixing issues?

Hello guys. Finally got around to making my Chief Delphi account.

I was tasked this year with re-imaging our programming workstations, and I was an idiot and used Ninite to install everything we needed without thinking. It’s not really an issue, but I’d like to keep everything as it is.

Ninite installed the latest version of Eclipse. I’m not 100% sure it’s the C++ version, but I’m sure it’s 4.5.1.

Has anyone worked with the 2016 betas of WPILib? Will I HAVE to reimage the roboRIO to work with them? Do they still work with cRIO? Has anyone found a workaround for 2015 libs and Mars?

Otherwise, I have to go dig up Luna x64 C++ (I could run x86, but why?)

I’m not sure I understand exactly what you are asking, but I’ll try to help you.

Are you having a problem using the 2015 plugins in Eclipse? I am using 4.5.1 with Java without a problem, but I haven’t tried C++ for FRC.

Even if you installed the Java version of Eclipse, you can just install the CDT (standard Eclipse C++ plugins) manually.

I don’t really know anything about the 2016 beta, but my impression was that only the selected beta teams were able to use it.

My understanding was that people were having issues deploying with Mars (No version number included…it could have been .0 or .1)

I had seen a little bit of talk about the betas on some page somewhere. I wasn’t using my machine, so I don’t have the page anymore, nor do I remember where it is. Also, when I actually look, yeah you have to have private beta access. I had assumed from what I had read that there was a public beta.

I was trying to avoid updating WPILib, the RoboRIO, AND Eclipse on the day of kickoff on 4-10 machines. I had seen that people were having issues and mention of beta. Didn’t have time to do my research.