Wpilib install cannot download vscode

wpilib install cannot download vscode. i get the following error for installing 2021.2.2:
System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: No such host is known. (vscode-update.azurewebsites.net:443)
—> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (11001): No such host is known.
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.AwaitableSocketAsyncEventArgs.ThrowException(SocketError error, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.AwaitableSocketAsyncEventArgs.System.Threading.Tasks.Sources.IValueTaskSource.GetResult(Int16 token)
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.g__WaitForConnectWithCancellation|283_0(AwaitableSocketAsyncEventArgs saea, ValueTask connectTask, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.DefaultConnectAsync(SocketsHttpConnectionContext context, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at System.Net.Http.ConnectHelper.ConnectAsync(Func3 callback, DnsEndPoint endPoint, HttpRequestMessage requestMessage, CancellationToken cancellationToken) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Net.Http.ConnectHelper.ConnectAsync(Func3 callback, DnsEndPoint endPoint, HttpRequestMessage requestMessage, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.ConnectAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.CreateHttp11ConnectionAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.GetHttpConnectionAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.SendWithRetryAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, Boolean doRequestAuth, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at System.Net.Http.RedirectHandler.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at System.Net.Http.HttpClient.SendAsyncCore(HttpRequestMessage request, HttpCompletionOption completionOption, Boolean async, Boolean emitTelemetryStartStop, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at WPILibInstaller.Utils.HttpClientDownloadWithProgress.StartDownload(CancellationToken token)
at WPILibInstaller.ViewModels.VSCodePageViewModel.DownloadForPlatform(String downloadUrl, Stream outputStream, CancellationToken token, Action1 progressChanged) at WPILibInstaller.ViewModels.VSCodePageViewModel.DownloadToMemoryStream(Platform platform, String downloadUrl, CancellationToken token, Action1 progressChanged)
at WPILibInstaller.ViewModels.VSCodePageViewModel.DownloadSingleVSCodeFunc()

i’ve tried multiple computers and it’s not working. is there a workaround to get the correct vscode install?

We could try rehosting the .zip if we can find a copy, but the license prohibits doing so. We’re still looking into a solution.

It looks like something broke on the VS Code end. We’re working on a solution, I’ll ping you when we have one.

MSFT apparently changed the code download site. New download links may be found here. You can copy the link for the .zip file or similar for each OS.

I ran into this earlier today and was able to hand edit the json file in the resources zip file to a proper download link (in my case windows 64 bit) which solved the issue. Sorry no longer in front of my PC so don’t have the exact details.

@schleprock New builds of the installer have been posted to Release WPILib 2021.2.2 Release · wpilibsuite/allwpilib · GitHub that fix this issue.

1 Like

it’s now working. thank you