WPILib-J source code

I know that WPILib-Java is supposed to be open-source, but I’m not having much luck tracking down an easily-accessible source for it that doesn’t come with the KoP itself. Does anyone know of a canonical location for getting it?

https://usfirst.collab.net/sf/projects/wpilib/

Look in the source code tab.

Any attempt to “Browse Repository”, on three different machines, results in a blank screen for me.

Read the note at the link provided.

Yeah, I just realized that. I have an account from beta-testing the simulator so I was able to access it. I thought I saw a thread earlier that said they allowed anonymous access recently. Maybe someone who works on it will see this thread.

Oh, well I guess I should have read more carefully too.

Aah, right. Figures that the way to see the source code wouldn’t be under the “source code” section…thanks.

So, I’m still having a bit of trouble - I’m not very familiar with Maven, but I’m trying to use it to build and install WPIlib from source in a TravisCI instance - I have the FRC toolchain installed, but it seems to have an issue with cmake?

The Travis run is here, line 1300. I don’t quite know what I’m doing with this, but it’s running into some kind of cmake issue somewhere? Also, I know the “cp” commands aren’t the right way to “install”, I was playing around with them…

We’ve seen this issue on 64-bit machines before. Try installing the 32-bit multilib version of libc.

I’m trying to rebuild the wpilibj, I’m running on a Mac OS 10.9.5. What version of Maven do I need and what version of Java? I’ve tried Maven3 and got an error when it tried to pull in some packages. I tried Maven2 and it’s throwing a Java exception: Invalid JDK version in profile ‘docline-java8-disable’

I am only trying to build the wpilibj, so I navigated to the wpilibj folder and executed: mvn package

I left out the -D… that was in the .md file because that appears to be the info that allows building of the ARM JVM installer.

I got it to run by using maven3 and Java7.

Now I’m getting the following when I execute ‘mvn package’ from the wpilibj folder:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project wpilibJava: Could not resolve dependencies for project edu.wpi.first.wpilibj:wpilibJava:jar:0.1.0-SNAPSHOT: Could not find artifact edu.wpi.first.wpilib.networktables.java:NetworkTables:jar:0.1.0-SNAPSHOT -> [Help 1]

I moved to the NetworkTables folder and built it using ‘mvn package’ then switched back to the wpilibj folder and still receive the same error.

Any suggestions out there? I’ve never used maven before, so I’m running blind.

Try running the build from the top level folder. It should be able to resolve all dependencies from there.

I assumed that, but I really didn’t want to build the whole thing (c++ and all), I am just trying to rebuild the main wpilib java. Plus, it means I have to include the ARM-JVM. I’ll try it though.

We don’t support building just the one currently. You’d need the arm jdk anyway, WPILibJDevices (which has all the interesting stuff) depends on the jni project, which needs the header files in the arm jdk package. If you have any other questions, please post or feel free to send me a message.

where can I find the arm-frc-linux-gnueabi-gcc compiler? This is missing in my setup. I obviously need to install it from somewhere. I’m familiar with getting a standard arm cross compiler, but I’ve never seen an ‘frc’ specific version.

http://wpilib.screenstepslive.com/s/4485/m/13810/l/145002-installing-eclipse-c-java#InstallingTheC++Toolchains(C++TeamsOnly)