Y-cables and switches

Posted by EJ at 2/18/2001 1:46 PM EST

Student on team #254, Cheesy Poofs, from Bellarmine.

Can ne 1 tell me y when a joystick and a switch are connected to the y-cable, which is connected to port 1, that when the joystick (that is connected to the y-cable) is on full forward and the a joystick (connected to port 2) is on full reverse that the switch looses voltage? if u have ne advice to offer it would be greatly appreciated

Posted by Nate Smith at 2/18/2001 3:13 PM EST

Other on team #66, Frostbite, from Willow Run High School and GM Powertrain.

In Reply to: Y-cables and switches
Posted by EJ on 2/18/2001 1:46 PM EST:

: Can ne 1 tell me y when a joystick and a switch are connected to the y-cable, which is connected to port 1, that when the joystick (that is connected to the y-cable) is on full forward and the a joystick (connected to port 2) is on full reverse that the switch looses voltage? if u have ne advice to offer it would be greatly appreciated

Just out of curiosity, which digital input on the OI do you have the switch(connected to the Y-cable) hooked to? Looking over the control system manual, I don’t see anything that should interfere between ports 1 and 2, but just to be safe, do you have an open pin on ports 3 or 4 you could hook the switch to? That might help…

Nate