Yankees or Marlins?

Fine, I decided to take the time to start this thread :slight_smile:

So, I’m going to have to go with the Yankees. I dislike both teams, but I think that the Yankees’ record and history is just better. That’s from a logical standpoint.

From a fan’s perspective, this series blows.

FIGHTING SEA BASS!

Let’s see… I’ve never liked the Yankees. I’ve never liked the Marlins. They both beat the two teams I was rooting for this fall. I say, to heck with the World Series; I’m not watching. But, I do say… Yankees in 6.

Go TIGERS!!!

O - wait - that’s right. They are not in the playoffs - so I don’t care!! :stuck_out_tongue: I only go for the home teams - and that’t it!

GO LIONS!

Go RED WINGS!

And Nice win on Michigan yesterday over Ill!!

MARLINS IN 5

Lets make this simple

People in Florida will pick the Marlins

People that understand that they are playing the Yankees will pick the Yankees.

Yankees in 6

its the top of the ninth 1 out and were losing by 6, it dosent look good

cubs in 7

so delusional…
cant belive …lost…to …marlins…NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoOOOO

Yankees in 6

I’m not sure if any of you know this or not…but baseball season ended last thursday night when the red sox lost :frowning: … so all i have left to say is…GO Patriots, Celtics and Bruins!!!

::points to tagline::

'Nuff said.

Well, I just got back from Game 4. WOW!! Until last night, the best events I had ever attended were probably the 1998 FIRST Nationals (my first year) and the 2002 FIRST Championships (grrr… 10 more seconds and SPAM would have won). This blew those out of the water.

Things got off to a loud start. The jets that did the fly-by were so low (and I was seated so high) that we felt heat from their engines as they went by. Then the game started.

The Rocket got rocked in the first inning and all 66,934 in attendance were screaming. Even the Yankee fans were yelling, although I think it was mostly about how much of a bum Clemens was followed by something about Torre’s mother.

Anyway, the game went pretty smooth for a while. We gave the obligatory cheers for Marlins favorites and jeers for everyone named Clemens or Jeter.

Then, everyone’s eyes were drawn to the Yankees’ bullpen. A murmur spread through the crowd as we all realized what we were possibly seeing: Roger Clemens’ final inning. He disposed of the hitters easily enough (after giving up 5 straight hits in the first he only gave up 3 the rest of the game). As he left the field, everyone got to their feet.

Quick side note: I’ve been to that stadium dozens of times. I’ve seen great baseball games there and a few football games that I’ll never forget, too. Never has that stadium been as loud as it was then.

I’ve never been more proud to be a South Florida sports fan. I suppose someone not from this area may have a tough time uderstanding the utter hatred we feel for New York teams (moreover their fans). Being able to shed all of that and honor one of the greatest athletes in history showed the world South Florida’s true colors.

I think everyone was drained by Clemens’ departure – both players and fans – because nothing happened for the next few innings. The Yanks strung together a few good at bats in the ninth to tie it up and couldn’t come through in the tenth with the bases loaded and only one out. Then Weaver did what he does best: he misplaced a fastball. Alex Gonzalez was kind enough to find it for him and deposited it just over the short porch in left.

Now let’s hope the adrenaline holds me through today, cause I won’t be getting any sleep…

George

*Originally posted by George1083 *
Quick side note: I’ve been to that stadium dozens of times. I’ve seen great baseball games there and a few football games that I’ll never forget, too. Never has that stadium been as loud as it was then.

That’s probably because the typical draw at a Marlins game is 15,000 - the third lowest in the league. Where were the fans during the regular season?

Now for the question “Yankees or Marlins?”. I say who cares? Is anyone who isn’t from NY or FL watching? CBS & NBC changed their lineups last week and showed reruns during the NLCS & ALCS games, but during the World Series they put on new shows. This is the worst matchup for MLB, FOX, and baseball fans around the country.

hey george i was also at the game were where you sitting cause i was under the jets two and could feelt he heat i was section 438 row 5 seat 7

*Originally posted by Mike Soukup *
That’s probably because the typical draw at a Marlins game is 15,000 - the third lowest in the league. Where were the fans during the regular season?

I will tellyou were we all where. Let me bring you back to 1997 when we won the world series. WE had a awesome team and thinking ahead to 1998 we thought the team would be intaked. But two weeks after teh world series the marlins started to get dismantled by that a$$hole hiezanga(dont know the spelling sorry) NOw my family had season tickets from inaugral season (1993) to 1999. After we saw the marlins where no good there was alot of hatred from my family and prob from everyone else that had season tickets or who was a fan. To seee your team goin from the number 1 team to fighting to stay at 500 is horrible. I mean if we kept some of our players and still where like that i would understand but when you trade off the whole team what is the point to go? I think there where 3 marlins left from the world series team the next season. Why would my parents pay thousands of dollars to see a team that was dismantled in less then 5 months? Why would they pay thousands of dollars to a owner that doesnt care about the city or his team or his fans just aobut his pocket book. I have been a marlins fan since the beginning i have rode out the hard time. And going all the way to the world series with a team who’s average age is 23 is unbelievable. Goong to the world series against a team who’s salary cap is in the 100’s of millions when the marlins are only at 50 millino is unbelievable. YOu have no room to talk when you havent lived throught 4 years of two horrible owners. Shure we didnt attend the games but we aer still marlins fans. Remember everything cost money why buy season tickets to a man that got rid of a team just for his own pocket book

*Originally posted by Mike Soukup *
That’s probably because the typical draw at a Marlins game is 15,000 - the third lowest in the league.

I’ve been to plenty of Phins games, too. They have 5000 to 10,000 more people than last night’s game had.

Ryan: Section 425, Row 5, Seat 5. You must have been right across from me. Did you get to participate in the stunts?

George

I stopped following the Marlins after the '97 catastrophe, But I think they will win it in 7. Yankee’s (and their fans ) need to be taught a lesson, by a team that has proven over and over they will not give up no matter what the odds. Watch the games and it seems the only thing the Yankees know about baseball is arrogance. I’m sick and tired of hearing boast after boast from Yankees and their fans, and the chance to see that attitude crushed by the Marlins makes me wonder how anyone could not root for them.

We may be called “fairweather fans” but we deserve it after getting stabbed in the back over and over.

*Originally posted by Mark Hamilton *
**I stopped following the Marlins after the '97 catastrophe, But I think they will win it in 7. Yankee’s (and their fans ) need to be taught a lesson, by a team that has proven over and over they will not give up no matter what the odds. **

Hrm lets see how many times this has happened

2001, Arizona Diamondbacks
1981, LA Dodgers
1976, Cincinnati Reds
1964, St Louis Cardinals
1963, LA Dodgers
1957, Milwaukee Braves
1955, Brooklyn Dodgers
1942, St. Louis Cardinals
1926, St. Louis Cardinals
1922, NY Giants (One of three World Series with a Tie Game)
1921, NY Giants
Source, MLB.com

Sorry, but the “need to teach the greatest team in baseball a lesson” is an old story that people are sick and tired of hearing, but I can see that winning 26 World Series could get sick and tiring also.

The Yankees players/management isn’t arrogant…they are just that good. My only problem with the Yankees is their pompous, arrogant owner, George Steinbrenner. The Yanks shouldn’t be criticized over one person that doesn’t play ball. The real game is on the field and thats what should be focused on. If a team has enough money to go out and buy whatever player they want…more power to them. BTW, the Marlins lost all of their games in this series at Yankee Stadium and Josh Beckett has pitched way too much. His fastball is going to be a floater by the 3rd inning…if he lasts this long.

Yankees in 7

Marlins win! So I guess there is justice in the world. :smiley:

ARRRRGGGHHHH

No, there’s luck in the world, and I dislike it when the better team loses.

Though, as mentioned, I dislike both.

hahaha i was just thinking…with this yankee loss…does this answer the question to the god post?!