Yeabook Page

I am just wondering…the Yearbook page is required for the Chairman’s Award isn’t it? Grrrrr, all that work for nothing if it is…

*Originally posted by 401Mentor *
**I am just wondering…the Yearbook page is required for the Chairman’s Award isn’t it? Grrrrr, all that work for nothing if it is… **

The yearbook page is required, but not for the Chairman’s Award. Rather the yearbook page is required so that the judges at your events have a basic record of who your team is to make their job easier, especially at disney with 250+ teams…

Yes, the yearbook page is required for Chairman’s award. The rules clearly state that if you did not do a yearbook page you will not be elligable for any judges awards.

Do you mind pointing me a specific section and number where this is stated? I never actually was able to find that. If not, could you cut and paste the text?

*Originally posted by pato *
**Yes, the yearbook page is required for Chairman’s award. The rules clearly state that if you did not do a yearbook page you will not be elligable for any judges awards. **

The only reference I could find to the requirement of the yearbook page is as follows:

admin_dray.pdf, page 15, section 14.1
The Yearbook Page submission is a Judging and Inspection requirement and will:
• Make the judging and inspection processes more efficient
• Help provide the judges with some insight into each team and its workings, team history, and
information about each robot.
• Provide a common starting point for judging each team
• Provide team data for FIRST

Also, when FIRST refers to “judged awards,” they are referring to the awards such as the technical excellance award or leadership in controls award, i.e. the awards that are determined by the judges at the event. The regional(and national) chairman’s awards are separate from this, hence the separation in the list of national competition qualifying criteria between the Chairman’s award, and “judged” awards.

The only requirements listed for the Chairman’s award(from awards.pdf) are as follows:

awards.pdf, pages 6-7, section C1.2.4
6 AWARDS Copyright © 2002 FIRST
C1.2.4 Submission Requirements
• If you submit a combination videotape and book for your Chairman’s Award entry, the
TOTAL review length must NOT exceed 10 minutes; their combined weight must not
exceed 3 lbs. Entries which exceed any of the restrictions will not be reviewed or
considered. Please be sure to double check the size, weight, and review time/length of
your submission before mailing it.
• All 2002 Chairman Award submissions MUST be accompanied by a completed 2002
Chairman’s Award Executive Summary Form at the time of submission. This form is
located at the end of the Chairman’s Award section. Entries submitted without a
completed Executive Summary form will not be reviewed or considered.
• Your Chairman’s Award submission must have your FIRST Team Number clearly
marked on ALL applicable sides (front, side, back).
• Only one submission per team is permitted.
• Your team must be competing in the regional competition to which you submit your
Chairman’s Award entry. If your team is competing in more than one regional event,
then chose ONE regional event and submit your entry to that designated address. Any
team that submits a Chairman’s Award entry to more than one regional competition will
automatically be deemed ineligible for consideration for this award for the 2002 season.