YMTC: Bluabot Caps Redabot

Thank you GDC! If you would like to see future YMTCs on your Recent Activity List, you will have to configure your list to view the *YMTC Forum *under the Rules/Strategy Forum; you can configure your [b]*Recent Activity List *here. Monitors, PLEASE, oh PLEASE, let me hang out in the Rules Forum for a week before moving me to the dark room of the Rules YMTC forum so I’ll be able to hang out on everyone’s *Recent Activity List *for a while.

You Make The Call (YMTC) is a series of situations where you are the official and make the call. Please reference specific rules when applicable. The results of YMTC are not official and are for educational purposes only.

Here’s the first “4 million brain-hours” YMTC of the year.:slight_smile:

In the second match of the Magnolia Classic Regional finals after Redateam dominated Bluateam in match one, Bluateam pulled out their secret strategy. After the autonomous period, Bluabot made a lightning-fast far-side move and quickly scooped up a Red Ringer and headed for Redateam’s most dominate scorer, Redabot. Redabot was snatching another Red Ringer from their human player when Bluabot softly capped Redabot’s tower with a Red Ringer. The Magnolia crowd collectively wondered, “Why?” Redabot was fully functional but could not shake their newly unwanted Red Ringer so they continued to pick up Red Ringers and score them one at a time. For the remainder of the match, the “Whys?” turned into “Can Redabot do that?”

Based on the 2007 Rules, YOU MAKE THE CALL!

This was covered very clearly in team update #2. The updated version of <G09> now contains the language:

GAME PIECES may not be intentionally placed on opposing ROBOTS for the purpose of causing a violation of this rule. Any such GAME PIECE placements will not be considered in POSSESSION of the affected ROBOT, and will be ignored.

I can’t sneak anything by you guys! Joey, great job quickly making this a “Not sure why this one is even a question” YMTC.:slight_smile: What happens if you accidentally ring yourself or an alliance member while throwing ringers at the goal or into the field of play?

the same update clearly states that you must get rid of that ringer or consquentially you may not grab any others

My physics teacher in high school had a word for that: TOAST! (Combine with a little point-and-laugh for the full effect.)

You’ve got one of your own game pieces in your possession by an action of your alliance–and I believe that most refs would penalize further possessions for fear of the alternative (“accidentally” ringing yourself, then removing it near the goal) becoming a strategy.