You cannot install this product on the current operating system

Hello. I am at my wits end. I can download the autodesk pro 2009 installer with the given download tool from the firstbase website. When I attempt to install autodesk pro 2009 after the download finishes, I can reach the autodesk install screen, but when I try to install, an error message pops up and states that I cannot install autodesk pro 2009 on my current operating system. This is wrong. It states that, on the firstbase website, that windows xp x64 professional sp2 is a supported OS, and that is what I am running, as of now. That is, at around 2100 yesterday, I installed sp2. My hardware is more than adequate, so I am certain that it has little to do with the issue (q6600, xvga 780i, xfx gtx260, 4GB ram, if anyone thinks that is the issue) I have other OS’s , but I do not see how those would affect anything regarding the install. I have attempted multiple installs, but nothing changes. Autodesk is the only program that has done this, and I have not found anything relating to it in 100+ sites, threads, forums, i have searched. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

There is another thread with a similar problem, http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71241

I am not certain that the download tool works for 64bit , you need to click the link to manually download through your web browser. The file should be called StudentAIP_ACADM_32_64.zip and its (8.7MB :eek: )

Thanks for the advise. I started downloading it earlier today, but the file size is huge (8.7 GB), which is why I didn’t just hop on this file in the first place.

Well, I solved my problem. Update like mad. Even if you just installed all of the automatic updates and rebooted, do it again, and again, and again, or 6 times like me. Point and case, update your computer more often than every 3 or 4 years. It will save you a lot of time, id est 17 hours of searching + 8 hours of downloads.
tl;dr
keep your computer up to date.